Why bother paying extra money for all the bells and whistles that you’re never going to use. Get the certification that you need while training during a time that suits you.
We offer a fully accredited, self-managed eLearning course that provides you with all the relevant knowledge you need to pass your Continual Service Improvement exam and gain your certification. Your trainer is on standby via the forum, with response times up to 24 hours.
The ITIL Intermediate eLearning Program contains:
*Consider upgrading to receive advanced trainer support for an extra fee. Find out more about it here.
*Didn’t pass your exam on the first go? No problem. If you’ve got exam insurance we’ll cover the cost of your resit. Read the terms and conditions here.
This intensive interactive course immerses learners in the practical aspects of the ITIL® Service Lifecycle and processes associated with Continual Service Improvement.
The main focus of this course is on the operational-level process activities and supporting methods and approaches to executing these processes in a practical, hands-on learning environment.
This training is intended to enable the holders of the certificate to apply the practices in resolution and support of the Service Management Lifecycle.
This course uses an engaging, interactive and flexible online approach to learning the core disciplines of the ITIL best practice and positions the student to successfully complete the associated exam: the AXELOS® Intermediate Level Certificate in Continual Service Improvement.
- The Continual Service Improvement Lifecycle course will be of interest to:
- Individuals who have their ITIL v3/2011 Foundation Certificate (or the ITIL v2 Foundation + v3 Foundation Bridge certificate) who want to purse the intermediate and advanced level ITIL certifications.
- Individuals who require a deeper understanding of the Continual Service Improvement stages of the Service Lifecycle and how activities in this Lifecycle stage may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization
- Individuals seeking the ITIL Expert certification in IT Service Management for which this qualification is one of the prerequisite modules
- Individuals seeking progress towards the ITIL Master in IT Service Management for which the ITIL Expert is a prerequisite
At the end of this course, the learner will gain competencies in:
- Understanding Service Management as a Practice, Continual Service Improvement principles, purpose and objective.
- Knowing the important role of Continual Service Improvement in service provision and understanding of how the in-scope processes interact with other Service Lifecycle processes.
- The activities, methods and functions used in each of the Continual Service Improvement processes
- The application of Continual Service Improvement processes, activities and functions to achieve operational excellence.
- How to measure Continual Service Improvement performance.
- The challenges, critical success factors and risks related with Continual Service Improvement.
- The roles and responsibilities within these processes and the activities for supporting the Service Management Lifecycle.
- Technology and implementation considerations surrounding Continual Service Improvement.
- As well as preparing participants for the exam.
- Hold an ITIL v3/2011 Foundation Certificate or ITIL v2 Foundation + v3 Foundation Bridge Certificate
- There is no minimum requirement but a basic IT literacy and around 2 years IT experience are highly desirable
- It is highly recommended that you read the AXELOS Continual Service Improvement book prior to commencement of this program
- Candidates must supply identification confirmation at the time of course registration
The recommended minimum contact hours for the eLearning course is 21.
The program combines short presentations supported by accredited trainer audio. A text book is also provided to further explore and explain all concepts covered within the syllabus. There are exercises (marking scheme provided) to ensure learners are testing their knowledge and competency to enhance understanding of key concepts. Revision questions and a mock examination help to prepare for the multiple-choice examination.
This program is an eLearning Program, your access details are included within your certification kit book.
About the Examination:
- Evidence of ITIL v3/2011 Foundation Certificate or ITIL v2 Foundation + v3 Foundation Bridge Certificate and completion of the CSI Lifecycle course from an Accredited Training Provider is required to sit the exam
- It is recommended that students should complete at least 21 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and the CSI book in preparation for the examination.
- The syllabus can be downloaded from:
- The exam is a closed book exam with eight (8) multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions.
- Exam duration is a maximum 90 minutes for all candidates in their respective language (candidates sitting the examination in a language other than their first language have a maximum of 120 minutes and are allowed to use a dictionary)
- Each question will have 4 possible answer options, one of which is worth 5 marks, one which is worth 3 marks, one which is worth 1 mark, and one which is a distracter and achieves no marks.
- Pass score is 28/40 or 70%
- Distinction pass score is under consideration
- Upon successful passing of the ITIL CSI lifecycle exam, the student will be recognized with 3 credits in the ITIL qualification scheme
- Project Management Institute Professional Development Units (PDUs) = 21
Is this course accredited?
Yes! AXELOS/CSME, the official ITIL accreditors, have accredited this course and the instructors who teach it as providing high-quality training in IT Service Management.
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited
AXELOS® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited
Where can I find Support?
When you need additional support, or guidance during your training program you have several options:
eLearning Discussion Forums
As a student you have access to our exclusive discussion forum via the eLearning platform www.theartofservice.org This is where you talk to your fellow students, share your experience and ask about the specific content of your course. The eLearning instructors also monitor the forums and provide input in the discussion
Livechat is available from 8am EST to 5pm EST, as well as 8am - 5pm Eastern Australian time.
Our livechat agents are available to answer your product and sales related questions.
All our students are allocated an instructor which they can reach via email.