There is no right or wrong sequence to starting with any of the Intermediate modules, with the exception that all must be completed (and exams passed) before you can take the "Managing Across the Life" program.
There are 2 type of programs in the Intermediate section
- one pathway is build around Roles & Responsibilities. These programs are called the Capability Modules. There are 4 modules in total and you receive 4 credit points for each certificate.
- the other pathway is build around the core volumes (the books). The programs are called the Lifecycle Modules. There are 5 modules, as there are 5 books, and you receive 3 credit points for each certificate.
Due to the fact that the Capability modules are role based and cover sections of multiple ITIL® Lifecycle books, The Art of Service has created a textbook for each Capability Module that covers all theory that must be studied, as well as practical applications, case studies, scenarios etc.
The Lifecycle Modules really focus on the theory for one book and because of this you will need to purchase the AXELOS® ITIL book as a textbook. The AXELOS textbooks do not come with courses under the lifecycle stream and must be purchased separately. You can purchase the books here.
You must have a total of 17 points before you start the Managing Across the Lifecycle Program:
Foundation = 2 points +
Capability Pathway = 16 points
Lifecycle Pathway = 15 points
And to make things even more complex, you can also mix & match the type of modules:
Courses can be mixed and matched but you have to be careful here.
The options available within the Intermediate level are:
SS, SD, ST, SO, CSI (in the Lifecycle stream)
SOA, PPO, RCV, OSA (in the Capability stream)
You always have to do MALC.
- When you do OSA, you won't be able to do Service Operation as it pretty much covers the same content.
- When you enrol in SS, you won't be able to do SOA as it pretty much covers the same content.
- You have to choose between either SD or PPO AND ST or RCV
- and you might need to add CSI into the mix to get the right amount of credit points before you can enrol in MALC.
The AXELOS website explains how this works:
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited
AXELOS® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited
- 100% First time pass-rateReview by The ITIL Foundation Complete Certification Kit May 18 Kit June 11 real-world ITIL Foundations Prep May 9 Foundation Complete Cer
- "I used The The ITIL Foundation Complete Certification Kit is a very helpful tool for understanding and implementing the ITIL practices into your IT Organization. I as a Help Desk Manager found the material to be very helpful with my daily job functions. So if your looking to become ITIL Certified then I highly recommend this book as one of the main study guides. of Service have put together a useful bundle of fairly easy to follow study book and digestible eLearning material - there's nothing ground breaking about the package but it's straight forward and good enough for the foundation material. As this material is about service it was nice to see that Art of Service team were extremely helpful and responsive to my queries/support requests. Art of Service's Foundation certification kit goes right to the heart of ITIL Foundations; a straightforward roadmap through the service lifecycle it not only provided complete preparation for and gave me confidence going into the exam but the multimedia companion material led by ITIL practitioners served as an excellent supplement to the guide. I have recommended this kit to partner companies for the certification needs of their employees and am regularly asked to borrow my book as a reference. A++++ recommend this product. I like the combination of book and online presentations. While at first I was a little surprised by how thin the book was I'm very satisfied with the depth and breadth of content. I'm still reading the book but so far I am retaining the information very well. This is partly because I'm reading the text first then following up with the online presentations. I like the section review questions. I haven't tried the test prep stuff yet but I'm confident that I'll be well-prepared. is a very good book which distills the ITIL concepts for an easy read and get a bigger picture. Apart from Foundation exam this should really be part of your book collection if you are an IT professional(particularly). of Service Online Learning program to obtain my ITIL V3 Expert certification, and I achieved a 100% first-time pass-rate. My experience with them is entirely positive over 6 courses (Lifecycle track). Their programs are excellent and helpful, their staff are knowledgeable and responsive. The professionalism is at the top of the industry, and Ivanka is truly one of the visionaries in the industry. Did I get what I wanted? Absolutely. They under-promise and over-deliver. I found it an cost-effective way to obtain certification while continuing to work at my day job." (Posted on 8/23/11)
- ITIL Expert training material is goodReview by Gopola
Thank you all very much for the service you rendered in accomplishing my goal of achieving the ITIL EXPERT certification.
I know you worked very hard in helping me have access to the training modules in time. I must say that the training material provided is good and helped me prepare well for the exams. Once again thank you for the support.
FYI: I received my ITIL Expert certificate and I am going to proudly display it my office. (Posted on 10/18/10)
- Scored 100% on PPO Exam!Review by Brett
- The Art of Service is leading me throught the ITIL Expert Pathway. I just completed the Planning, Protection and Optimization Intermediate course and scored 100% on my exam. The courses are well worth the investment. (Posted on 10/1/10)
- SOA Online Learning and Study BookReview by Brett
- I manage a service worth over $2 billion per year and 6 million customers for AT&T, and I use the practices I learned in this lesson to improve quality and increase customer satisfaction. I was able to pass my exam easily on the first time by simply following the course training plans. I highly recommend the Expert Pathway. I am now on the PPO lesson. (Posted on 8/25/10)
Where can I find Support?
When you need additional support, or guidance during your training program you have several options:
eLearning Discussion Forums
As a student you have access to our exclusive discussion forum via the eLearning platform www.theartofservice.org This is where you talk to your fellow students, share your experience and ask about the specific content of your course. The eLearning instructors also monitor the forums and provide input in the discussion
Livechat is available from 8am EST to 5pm EST, as well as 8am - 5pm Eastern Australian time.
Our livechat agents are available to answer your product and sales related questions.
All our students are allocated an instructor which they can reach via email.