Service Transition Lifecycle Program
BUILD YOUR OWN PROGRAM!
Choose from 30 days, 45 days, 90 days or LIFETIME access to the online material
Choose your online content! Just eLearning? Or would you like to add the exam preparation course?
Are you in need of an exam voucher and access to our exam concierge?
Choose to add on Exam Insurance, for that added peace of mind. See terms and conditions here
Add some One-on-One coaching sessions with our qualified trainers!
Would you like a hard copy of the Workbook?
Use the options above to build a package that specifically suits your needs!
Have any questions about what you may need? Jump on chat, or send us an email at email@example.com
Why bother paying extra money for all the bells and whistles that you’re never going to use. Get the certification that you need while training during a time that suits you.
The Important Information:
*Consider upgrading to receive advanced trainer support for an extra fee. Find out more about it here.
This intensive interactive course immerses learners in the practical aspects of the ITIL® Service Lifecycle and processes associated with Service Transition. The main focus of this course is on the operational-level process activities, the processes with Service Transition and supporting methods and approaches to executing these processes in a practical, hands-on learning environment. This training is intended to enable the holders of the certificate to apply the practices in resolution and support of the Service Management Lifecycle. This course uses an engaging, interactive and flexible online approach to learning the core disciplines of the ITIL best practice and positions the student to successfully complete the associated exam: the Intermediate Level Certificate in Service Transition.
Learning Units from the ITIL Intermediate Qualification Service Transition Certificate Syllabus v5.3 covered are:
|ITIL ST01||Introduction to Service Transition|
Service Transition Principles
|ITIL ST03||Service Transition Processes|
|ITIL ST04||Managing People through Service Transitions|
|ITIL ST05||Organizing for Service Transition|
|ITIL ST06||Technology Considerations|
|ITIL ST07||Implementing and Improving Service Transition|
|ITIL ST08||Challenges, Critical Success Factors and Risks|
What ITIL Topics are covered in this course?
The Service Transition Certificate covers the following ITIL processes:
|Transition Planning and Support||Change Management||Service Asset and Configuration Management||Release and Deployment Management|
|Service Validation and Testing||Change Evaluation||Knowledge Management|
- The Service Transition Lifecycle course will be of interest to:
- Individuals who have their ITIL v3/2011 Foundation Certificate (or the ITIL v2 Foundation + v3 Foundation Bridge certificate) who want to purse the intermediate and advanced level ITIL certifications.
- Individuals who require a deeper understanding of the Service Transition stages of the Service Lifecycle and how activities in this Lifecycle stage may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization
- Individuals seeking the ITIL Expert certification in IT Service Management for which this qualification is one of the prerequisite modules
- Individuals seeking progress towards the ITIL Master in IT Service Management for which the ITIL Expert is a prerequisite
- A typical role includes (but is not restricted to): Configuration Manager, Change manager, Release Manager, CAB member, test manager
At the end of this course, the learner will gain competencies in:
- Understanding Service Management as a Practice, Service Transition principles, purpose and objective.
- Knowing the important role of Service Transition in service provision and understanding of how the in-scope processes interact with other Service Lifecycle processes.
- The activities, methods and functions used in each of the Service Transition processes.
- The application of Service Transition processes, activities and functions to achieve operational excellence.
- How to measure Service Transition performance.
- The challenges, critical success factors and risks related with Service Transition.
- The roles and responsibilities within these processes and the activities for supporting the Service Management Lifecycle.
- Technology and implementation considerations surrounding Service Transition.
- Challenges, critical success factors and risks associated with this module
- As well as preparing participants for the exam.
- Hold an ITIL v3/2011 Foundation Certificate or ITIL v2 Foundation + v3 Foundation Bridge Certificate
- There is no minimum requirement but a basic IT literacy and around 2 years IT experience are highly desirable
- It is highly recommended that you read the AXELOS® Service Transition book prior to commencement of this program
- Candidates must supply identification confirmation at the time of course registration
The recommended minimum contact hours for the eLearning course is 21.
The program combines short presentations supported by accredited trainer audio. A text book is also provided to further explore and explain all concepts covered within the syllabus. There are also exercises (marking scheme provided) to ensure learners are testing their knowledge and competency to enhance understanding of key concepts. Revision questions and a mock examination help to prepare for the multiple-choice examination. A study book is also included in order to further enhance your learning experience.
This program is an eLearning Program, your access details are included in the text book.
About the Examination:
- Evidence of ITIL v3/2011 Foundation Certificate or ITIL v2 Foundation + v3 Foundation Bridge Certificate and completion of the ST Lifecycle course from an Accredited Training Provider is required to sit the exam
- It is recommended that students should complete at least 21 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and the ST book in preparation for the examination.
- The syllabus can be downloaded from:
- The exam is a closed book exam with eight (8) multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions.
- Exam duration is a maximum 90 minutes for all candidates in their respective language (candidates sitting the examination in a language other than their first language have a maximum of 120 minutes and are allowed to use a dictionary)
- Each question will have 4 possible answer options, one of which is worth 5 marks, one which is worth 3 marks, one which is worth 1 mark, and one which is a distracter and achieves no marks.
- Pass score is 28/40 or 70%
- Distinction pass score is under consideration
- Upon successful passing of the ITIL ST lifecycle exam, the student will be recognized with 3 credits in the ITIL qualification scheme
- Project Management Institute Professional Development Units (PDUs) = 21
Is this course accredited?
Yes! AXELOS/CSME, the official ITIL accreditors, have accredited this course and the instructors who teach it as providing high-quality training in IT Service Management.
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited
AXELOS® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited