ITIL® Service Operation - Complete Examination package:
90 days access to elearning
90 days access to online exam preparation program
Prepaid Exam Voucher.
+ Free Exam concierge Service
+ Free advanced trainer support
IT is highly recommended to read the Official AXELOS® ITIL Service Operation book prior to this course. We recommend Amazon.com to source your ITIL Publication.
Get Everything you need to pass your Service Operation Exam
We offer a fully accredited, self-managed eLearning course that provides you with all the relevant knowledge you need to pass your Service Operation exam and gain your certification. Your trainer is on standby via the forum, with response times up to 24 hours.
The $920 complete examination package contains:
*Didn’t pass your exam on the first go? No problem. If you’ve got exam insurance we’ll cover the cost of your resit. Read the terms and conditions here.
This intensive interactive course immerses learners in the practical aspects of the ITIL® Service Lifecycle and processes associated with Service Operation.
The main focus of this course is on the operational-level process activities and supporting methods and approaches to executing these processes in a practical, hands-on learning environment.
This training is intended to enable the holders of the certificate to apply the practices in resolution and support of the Service Management Lifecycle.
This course uses an engaging, interactive and flexible online approach to learning the core disciplines of the ITIL best practice and positions the student to successfully complete the associated exam: the Intermediate Level Certificate in Service Operation.
- The Service Operation Lifecycle course will be of interest to:
- Individuals who have their ITIL v3/2011 Foundation Certificate (or the ITIL v2 Foundation + v3 Foundation Bridge certificate) who want to purse the intermediate and advanced level ITIL certifications.
- Individuals who require a deeper understanding of the Service Operation stages of the Service Lifecycle and how activities in this Lifecycle stage may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization
- Individuals seeking the ITIL Expert certification in IT Service Management for which this qualification is one of the prerequisite modules
- Individuals seeking progress towards the ITIL Master in IT Service Management for which the ITIL Expert is a prerequisite
- A typical role includes (but is not restricted to): Help Desk Manager, Infrastructure Manager, System Administrator, Server Administrator, Support Team leader
At the end of this course, the learner will gain competencies in:
- Understanding Service Management as a Practice, Service Operation principles, purpose and objective.
- Knowing the important role of Service Operation in service provision and understanding of how the in-scope processes interact with other Service Lifecycle processes.
- The activities, methods and functions used in each of the Service operation processes
- The application of Service Operation processes, activities and functions to achieve operational excellence.
- How to measure Service Operation performance.
- The challenges, critical success factors and risks related with Service Operation.
- The roles and responsibilities within these processes and the activities for supporting the Service Management Lifecycle.
- Technology and implementation considerations surrounding Service Operation.
- Challenges, critical success factors and risks associated with this module.
- As well as preparing participants for the exam.
Which ITIL topics are covered in this course?
The Service Operation Certificate covers the following ITIL processes:
- Event Management
- Incident Management
- Request Fulfillment
- Problem Management
- Access Management
In addition, the following functions are examined:
- Service Desk
- Technical Management
- IT Operations Management
- Application Management
- Hold an ITIL v3/2011 Foundation Certificate or ITIL v2 Foundation + v3 Foundation Bridge Certificate
- There is no minimum requirement but a basic IT literacy and around 2 years IT experience are highly desirable
- It is highly recommended that you read the AXELOS® Service Operation book prior to commencement of this program
- Candidates must supply identification confirmation at the time of course registration
The recommended minimum contact hours for the eLearning course is 21 (not including the exam prep program).
The program combines short presentations supported by accredited trainer audio. There are exercises (marking scheme provided) to ensure learners are testing their knowledge and competency to enhance understanding of key concepts. Revision questions in a study book and a mock examination help to prepare for the multiple-choice examination.
This program is an eLearning Program, your access details are included within your certification kit book.
About the Examination:
- Evidence of ITIL v3/2011 Foundation Certificate or ITIL v2 Foundation + v3 Foundation Bridge Certificate and completion of the SO Lifecycle course from an Accredited Training Provider is required to sit the exam
- It is recommended that students should complete at least 21 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and the SO book in preparation for the examination.
- The syllabus can be downloaded from:
- The exam is a closed book exam with eight (8) multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions.
- Exam duration is a maximum 90 minutes for all candidates in their respective language (candidates sitting the examination in a language other than their first language have a maximum of 120 minutes and are allowed to use a dictionary)
- Each question will have 4 possible answer options, one of which is worth 5 marks, one which is worth 3 marks, one which is worth 1 mark, and one which is a distracter and achieves no marks.
- Pass score is 28/40 or 70%
- Distinction pass score is under consideration
- Upon successful passing of the ITIL SO lifecycle exam, the student will be recognized with 3 credits in the ITIL qualification scheme
- Project Management Institute Professional Development Units (PDUs) = 21
Is this course accredited?
Yes! AXELOS/CSME, the official ITIL accreditors, have accredited this course and the instructors who teach it as providing high-quality training in IT Service Management.
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited
AXELOS® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited