For the CURRENT version of this course, please go HERE>>
We offer a fully accredited, self-managed eLearning course that provides you with all the relevant knowledge you need to pass your Release, Control & Validation exam and gain your certification. Your trainer is on standby via the forum, with response times up to 24 hours.
The $499.95 eLearning plus package contains:
*Consider upgrading to receive advanced trainer support for an extra $100. Find out more about it here.
*Didn’t pass your exam on the first go? No problem. If you’ve got exam insurance we’ll cover the cost of your resit. Read the terms and conditions here.
This intensive interactive course immerses learners in the practical aspects of the ITIL® Service Lifecycle and processes associated with Release, Control and Validation and service operation.
The main focus of this course is on the RCV process activities and supporting methods and approaches to executing these processes in a practical, hands-on learning environment.
This course uses an engaging, interactive and flexible online approach to learning the core disciplines of the ITIL best practice and positions the student to successfully complete the associated exam: the Intermediate Level Certificate Release, Control and Validation.
The Release, Control & Validation Capability course will be of interest to:
- Individuals who have their ITIL v3/2011 Foundation Certificate (or the ITIL v2 Foundation + v3 Foundation Bridge certificate) who want to purse the intermediate and advanced level ITIL certifications.
- Individuals who require a deeper understanding of the Service Operation & Service Transition stages of the Service Lifecycle and how activities in this Lifecycle stage may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization
- Individuals seeking the ITIL Expert certification in IT Service Management for which this qualification is one of the prerequisite modules
- Individuals seeking progress towards the ITIL Master in IT Service Management for which the ITIL Expert is a prerequisite
- A typical role includes (but is not restricted to): Release managers, security admins, IT operations managers, datbaase admins, security managers and ITSM trainers involved in the management, coordination and integration of strategy activities within the Service Lifecycle.
At the end of this course, the learner will gain competencies in:
- Understanding Service Management as a Practice, Service Operation principles, purpose and objective
- Knowing the important role of Release, Control and Validation in service provision and understanding of how the in-scope processes interact with other Service Lifecycle processes
- The activities, methods and functions used in each of the Release, Control and Validation processes
- The application of Release, Control and Validation processes, activities and functions to achieve operational excellence
- How to measure Release, Control and Validation performance
- The challenges, critical success factors and risks related with Operational Support and Analysis
- An in-depth understanding of Change Management, Service Validation and testing, Service Asset and Configuration Management, Knowledge Management, Evaluation, Release and Deployment, Request Fulfilment processes
- The roles and responsibilities within these processes and the activities for supporting the Service Management Lifecycle
- Technology and implementation considerations surrounding Release, Control and Validation
- Challenges, critical success factors and risks associated with this module
- As well as preparing participants for the exam.
Which ITIL® topics are covered in this course?
The Service Strategy Certificate covers the following ITIL processes:
- Change management
- Service Asset & Configuration Management
- Service Validation & Testing
- Release & Deployment Management
- Request Fulfillment
- Change Evaluation
- RCV Considerations
- Hold an ITIL v3/2011 Foundation Certificate or ITIL v2 Foundation + v3 Foundation Bridge Certificate
- There is no minimum requirement but a basic IT literacy and around 2 years IT experience are highly desirable
- It is highly recommended that you read the Release, Control & Validation book prior to commencement of this program.
The program combines short presentations supported by accredited trainer audio. There are also quizzes and exercises (marking scheme provided) to ensure learners are testing their knowledge and competency to enhance understanding of key concepts. Revision questions and a mock examination help to prepare for the multiple-choice examination.
This program is an eLearning program, your access details to the elearning course are in the book.
The recommended minimum contact hours for the eLearning course is 21.
* Access to presentations with trainer audio
* The Art of Service Release, Control and Validation Book
* Exercises + Answers
* Mock Exam questions
About the Examination:
- Evidence of ITIL v3/2011 Foundation Certificate or ITIL v2 Foundation + v3 Foundation Bridge Certificate and completion of the RCV course from an Accredited Training Provider is required to sit the exam
- It is recommended that students should complete at least 21 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and the RCV book in preparation for the examination.
- The syllabus can be downloaded from:
- The exam is a closed book exam with eight (8) multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions.
- Exam duration is a maximum 90 minutes for all candidates in their respective language (candidates sitting the examination in a language other than their first language have a maximum of 120 minutes and are allowed to use a dictionary)
- Each question will have 4 possible answer options, one of which is worth 5 marks, one which is worth 3 marks, one which is worth 1 mark, and one which is a distracter and achieves no marks.
- Pass score is 28/40 or 70%
- Distinction pass score is under consideration
- Upon successful passing of the ITIL 2011 RCV Capability exam, the student will be recognized with 4 credits in the ITIL qualification scheme
- Project Management Institute Professional Development Units (PDUs) = 21
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited