5S Standard Requirements
- Computers with plenty and poorly ordered data on hard disk drives slow down. Did you consider directories and files as candidates for 5S?
- Necessary inventory / WIP (electronic and hard copy) identified, location defined, & stored in correct place?
- Are the standard responses for missing tools, lower than minimum quantities or cleaning activities followed?
- Windows & walls do not contain posters that except in designated areas, no out of date/ irrelevant material?
- Necessary documentation identified (electronic and hard copy), locations defined & stored in correct place?
- Are there an adequate number of containers for rubbish and confidential waste that are clean & maintained?
- Are checklists utilised to identify ongoing maintenance /duties and the status of these sheets up-to-date?
- Area is well lit, all light fittings are working, and lighting is positioned to ensure maximum benefit?
- We all know that a certain level of industrial housekeeping is needed, but can we ever succeed with 5S?
- Are all parts and part containers labeled, in their designated place, and locations clearly labelled?
Why Own The 5S Self-Assessment?
The 5S Self-Assessment will make you a 5S domain expert by:
Reducing the effort in the 5S work to be done to get problems solved
- Ensuring that plans of action include every 5S task and that every 5S outcome is in place
- Saving time investigating strategic and tactical options and ensuring 5S opportunity costs are low
- Delivering tailored 5S advise instantly with structured going-forward plans
All the tools you need to an in-depth 5S Self-Assessment. Featuring 888 new and updated case-based criteria, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which 5S improvements can be made.
What Is In The 5S Self-Assessment?
The 5S Complete Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard
- Ensures you don't miss anything: 888 criteria in 7 RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain) steps with easy and quick navigating and answering for 1 or up to 10 participants
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough 5S Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next
The 5S Complete Self Assessment eBook version of the book in print
- Provides a convenient way to distribute and share among the participants to prepare and discuss the Self-Assessment
In using the Self-Assessment you will be better able to:
Diagnose 5S projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in 5S and process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Assess And Define 5S With This 5S Self Assessment. Sample Questions From The Complete, 888 Criteria, Self-Assessment:
- Recognize Criterion: When a 5S manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
- Define Criterion: How do senior leaders promote an environment that fosters and requires legal and ethical behavior?
- Measure Criterion: How frequently do you track 5S measures?
- Analyze Criterion: Computers with plenty and poorly ordered data on hard disk drives slow down. Did you consider directories and files as candidates for 5S?
- Improve Criterion: Am I following the guidelines put in place as a result of 5S efforts?
- Control Criterion: Is there a 5S Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
- Sustain Criterion: Can all the employees explain the importance of 5S?
Cost/Benefit Analysis; 5S Self-Assessment Justification And Approval Tools:
Purchasing a The Art of Service Self Assessment will spur new ideas, fast track project strategy and advance your professional skills. We’ve developed a set of criteria that will aid in gaining approval and give you the ability to validate and review your Self-Assessment investment:
- Excluding hired consultants and advisors from top management consulting firms, internal 5S Self-Assessment work is typically undertaken by senior level positions with titles such as Enterprise Architect, Business Process Architects, Business Process Re-engineering Specialists and Business Architects.
Statistics according to Glassdoor and Indeed tell these positions receive an average basic pay of $125,000. Daily rates of basic pay are computed by dividing an employee's annual pay by 260 days. The daily salary is then derived by dividing the annual salary of $125,000 by 260 days = a daily rate of $480.
- Top management consulting firms start at $2,000 a day, with rates typically charged up to 40 hours per week.
For a fraction of this the Self-Assessment will make you a 5S domain authority.
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
For more than twenty years, The Art of Service's Self-Assessments empower people who can do just that - whether their title is marketer, entrepreneur, manager, salesperson, consultant, business process manager, executive assistant, IT Manager, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are people who watch the process as it happens, and ask the right questions to make the process work better.
Get The 5S Self Assessment That Will Make You A 5S Domain Expert Now.