Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Application service management Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Application service management related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Application service management specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Application service management Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 618 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Application service management improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 618 standard requirements:
- Why do the measurements/indicators matter?
- In the past few months, what is the smallest change we have made that has had the biggest positive result? What was it about that small change that produced the large return?
- What should a proof of concept or pilot accomplish?
- Have the types of risks that may impact Application service management been identified and analyzed?
- Who controls the risk?
- Why should we expend time and effort to implement measurement?
- What are the rough order estimates on cost savings/opportunities that Application service management brings?
- How will we know that a change is improvement?
- What are internal and external Application service management relations?
- how do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Application service management values?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Application service management book in PDF containing 618 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Application service management self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Application service management Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Application service management areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Application service management Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Application service management projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Application service management Project Management Form Templates covering over 6000 Application service management project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- WBS Dictionary: Are procedures in existence that control replanning of unopened work packages, and are these procedures adhered to?
- Procurement Management Plan: Is PERT / Critical Path or equivalent methodology being used?
- Change Management Plan: Does this change represent a completely new process for the organization, or a different application of an existing process?
- Quality Metrics: Is there a set of procedures to capture, analyze and act on quality metrics?
- Quality Audit: Are the intentions consistent with external obligations (such as applicable laws)?
- Lessons Learned: Recommendation: What do you recommend should be done to ensure that others throughout the organization can benefit from what you have learned?
- Team Performance Assessment: How does Application service management project termination impact Application service management project team members?
- Stakeholder Analysis Matrix: How does the Application service management project involve consultations or collaboration with other organizations?
- Scope Management Plan: Is PERT / Critical Path or equivalent methodology being used?
- Activity Duration Estimates: What is the shortest possible time it will take to complete this Application service management project?
Step-by-step and complete Application service management Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Application service management project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Application service management project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Application service management project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Application service management project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Application service management project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Application service management project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Application service management project with this in-depth Application service management Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Application service management projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Application service management and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Application service management investments work better.
This Application service management All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.