Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical IP-PBX Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any IP-PBX related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated IP-PBX specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the IP-PBX Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which IP-PBX improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the standard requirements:
- Have any additional benefits been identified that will result from closing all or most of the gaps?
- What were the financial benefits resulting from any ground fruit or low-hanging fruit (quick fixes)?
- What needs improvement?
- What business benefits will IP-PBX goals deliver if achieved?
- Does IP-PBX create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
- Is IP-PBX Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
- How to deal with IP-PBX Changes?
- How long will it take to change?
- Do you monitor the effectiveness of your IP-PBX activities?
- Where is it measured?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the IP-PBX book in PDF containing requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your IP-PBX self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the IP-PBX Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which IP-PBX areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough IP-PBX Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage IP-PBX projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step IP-PBX Project Management Form Templates covering over 6000 IP-PBX project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Procurement Audit: Has it been determined which areas of procurement the audit should cover?
- Requirements Management Plan: Who is responsible for quantifying the IP-PBX project requirements?
- Source Selection Criteria: Do you have designated specific forms or worksheets?
- Initiating Process Group: At which stage, in a typical IP-PBX project do stake holders have maximum influence?
- Project Scope Statement: Once its defined, what is the stability of the IP-PBX project scope?
- Probability and Impact Assessment: Are requirements fully understood by the software engineering team and customers?
- Procurement Audit: Is the strategy implemented across the entire organization?
- Stakeholder Management Plan: Have adequate resources been provided by management to ensure IP-PBX project success?
- Initiating Process Group: What are the inputs required to produce the deliverables?
- Stakeholder Management Plan: What is the primary function of the Activity Decomposition Decision Tree?
Step-by-step and complete IP-PBX Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 IP-PBX project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 IP-PBX project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 IP-PBX project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 IP-PBX project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 IP-PBX project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 IP-PBX project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any IP-PBX project with this in-depth IP-PBX Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose IP-PBX projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in IP-PBX and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make IP-PBX investments work better.
This IP-PBX All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.