Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical NHS Electronic Prescription Service Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any NHS Electronic Prescription Service related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated NHS Electronic Prescription Service specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the NHS Electronic Prescription Service Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 704 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which NHS Electronic Prescription Service improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 704 standard requirements:
- Is a solid data collection plan established that includes measurement systems analysis?
- How can you measure NHS Electronic Prescription Service in a systematic way?
- To whom do you add value?
- Which functions and people interact with the supplier and or customer?
- How do we go about Comparing NHS Electronic Prescription Service approaches/solutions?
- What tools do you use once you have decided on a NHS Electronic Prescription Service strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
- How does NHS Electronic Prescription Service integrate with other stakeholder initiatives?
- What particular quality tools did the team find helpful in establishing measurements?
- How can we measure the performance?
- Were lessons learned captured and communicated?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the NHS Electronic Prescription Service book in PDF containing 704 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your NHS Electronic Prescription Service self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the NHS Electronic Prescription Service Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which NHS Electronic Prescription Service areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough NHS Electronic Prescription Service Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage NHS Electronic Prescription Service projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step NHS Electronic Prescription Service Project Management Form Templates covering over 6000 NHS Electronic Prescription Service project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Risk Register: Risk Categories: What are the main categories of risks that should be addressed on this NHS Electronic Prescription Service project?
- Variance Analysis: Does the accounting system provide a basis for auditing records of direct costs chargeable to the contract?
- Lessons Learned: Was there a NHS Electronic Prescription Service project Definition document. Was there a NHS Electronic Prescription Service project Plan. Were they used during the NHS Electronic Prescription Service project?
- Schedule Management Plan: Are changes in scope (deliverable commitments) agreed to by all affected groups & individuals?
- Team Member Status Report: What specific interest groups do you have in place?
- Project Performance Report: To what degree does the information network provide individuals with the information they require?
- Procurement Audit: Is there no evidence that the consultants participating in the NHS Electronic Prescription Service project design released information to contractors competing for the prime contract?
- Activity Duration Estimates: Is there anything planned that doesn t need to be here?
- Risk Audit: Are you aware of the industry standards that apply to your operations?
- Procurement Audit: Is the departments procurement function/unit well organized?
Step-by-step and complete NHS Electronic Prescription Service Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 NHS Electronic Prescription Service project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 NHS Electronic Prescription Service project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 NHS Electronic Prescription Service project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 NHS Electronic Prescription Service project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 NHS Electronic Prescription Service project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 NHS Electronic Prescription Service project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any NHS Electronic Prescription Service project with this in-depth NHS Electronic Prescription Service Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose NHS Electronic Prescription Service projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in NHS Electronic Prescription Service and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make NHS Electronic Prescription Service investments work better.
This NHS Electronic Prescription Service All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.