Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Release Management Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Release Management related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Release Management specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Release Management Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 963 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Release Management improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 963 standard requirements:
- What happens after development: how should developers release component-based software and how can users subsequently obtain such software especially if the software under consideration consists of many components that are released by many organizations at many different geographical locations?
- The Healthcare Transaction Services (HTS) Web Service is a web service that will enable external interface partners to perform healthcare related EDI operations in synchronous or asynchronous mode. More information is available at: https://massforge.state.ma.us/sf/go/doc4879?
- Are the changes were recorded so that the author of the change and what others changed is logged in a database so that, if needed, the change can be reset to its original value?
- Information/context awareness: how can a developer/participant restore awareness in project activity after having been offline for a few hours, days, or weeks?
- Does your company have a procedure to conduct evaluations of the potential impact of releases on the environment and the health and safety of employees and the public?
- How do the existing processes and procedures facilitate the day-to-day running of IT Production, and its relationship with the Business Sponsors and IT Development ?
- To what extent is OS ideology implicated in the process of tool choice and development, or is it rather invoked to justify positions based on other factors?
- What is, really, the difference between development and innovation, i.e. how big or radical do changes have to be to warrant the label innovation ?
- Please describe your software release schedule including patches, major updates, etc. How do you prepare your customer for these changes?
- What are the issues that arise when a limited number of vendors participate in a technology market and how can the risks be mitigated ?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Release Management book in PDF containing 963 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Release Management self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Release Management Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Release Management areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Release Management Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Release Management projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Release Management Project Management Form Templates covering over 6000 Release Management project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Project or Phase Close-Out: Is the lesson based on actual Release Management project experience rather than on independent research?
- Project Scope Statement: Write a brief purpose statement for this Release Management project. Include a business justification statement. What is the product of this Release Management project?
- Requirements Management Plan: Who will initially review the Release Management project work or products to ensure it meets the applicable acceptance criteria?
- Quality Management Plan: After observing execution of process, is it in compliance with the documented Plan?
- Procurement Audit: Do procedures require cash advances to be returned by transferred or terminated employees before they can receive their final paychecks?
- Scope Management Plan: Quality Standards - Are controls in place to ensure that the work was not only completed but also completed to meet specific standards?
- Activity Duration Estimates: Does a process exist to identify which qualified resources may be attainable?
- Activity Duration Estimates: After changes are approved are Release Management project documents updated and distributed?
- WBS Dictionary: Is cost performance measurement at the point in time most suitable for the category of material involved, but no earlier than the time of actual receipt of material?
- Source Selection Criteria: Which contract type places the most risk on the seller?
Step-by-step and complete Release Management Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Release Management project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Release Management project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Release Management project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Release Management project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Release Management project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Release Management project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Release Management project with this in-depth Release Management Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Release Management projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Release Management and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Release Management investments work better.
This Release Management All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.