Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 706 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 706 standard requirements:
- Who should receive measurement reports ?
- What sources do you use to gather information for a Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance study?
- Do we have enough freaky customers in our portfolio pushing us to the limit day in and day out?
- Who sets the Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance standards?
- Is a solid data collection plan established that includes measurement systems analysis?
- Is data collection planned and executed?
- Which Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance goals are the most important?
- Cloud management for Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance do we really need one?
- Are key measures identified and agreed upon?
- How is business? Why?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance book in PDF containing 706 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance Project Management Form Templates covering over 6000 Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Procurement Audit: Are all claims certified by the officer giving rise to the claim (usually the purchasing agent)?
- Change Management Plan: How will the stakeholders share information and transfer knowledge?
- Initiating Process Group: Are the changes in your Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance project being formally requested, analyzed, and approved by the appropriate decision makers?
- Stakeholder Management Plan: Are the people assigned to the Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance project sufficiently qualified?
- Procurement Audit: Are the users needs clearly and invariably defined and has the expected outcome or mission been clearly identified and communicated in measurable terms?
- Stakeholder Analysis Matrix: What coalitions might build around the issues being tackled?
- Quality Audit: If the organization thinks it is doing something well, can it prove this?
- Stakeholder Management Plan: Will the current technology alter during the life of the Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance project?
- Scope Management Plan: Are Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance project team members involved in detailed estimating and scheduling?
- Lessons Learned: Who had fiscal authority to manage the funding for the Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance project, did that work?
Step-by-step and complete Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance project with this in-depth Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance investments work better.
This Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.