Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Application Portfolio Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Application Portfolio related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Application Portfolio specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Application Portfolio Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 901 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Application Portfolio improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 901 standard requirements:
- When you look for new applications to meet your business needs; requirements are defined, software is evaluated, software selected, software configuration begins. But what about the data, how is this managed?
- Do you have an Information Sharing Agreement with another body that involves the collection, use, disclosure or storage or personal information? What is its impact on your Application Portfolio?
- Are the migration costs associated with a migration to the cloud included in a new system/application investment, the legacy investment, or in a separate migration investment?
- Are you contracting out a portion of you program, initiative, system development that requires the collection, use, disclosure or storage of personal information?
- What data is to be converted and moved to the cloud; what is the nature and usage of the data, by its current Application / Function system and its environment?
- How does your organization determine the extent of underused, unused, low business value, and/or low technology value applications in its application portfolio?
- Are you developing custom applications to do routine administrative tasks, such as HR or ERP, when commercial off-the-shelf applications might be available?
- How does your organization determine the cost to maintain an application in its application portfolio versus what it costs to retire or decommission it?
- How does your organization determine the extent of applications in its application portfolio that are still active past their target retirement dates?
- Have you created a cross application architecture that supports your current systems, while at the same time accommodating changing business needs?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Application Portfolio book in PDF containing 901 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Application Portfolio self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Application Portfolio Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Application Portfolio areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Application Portfolio Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Application Portfolio projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Application Portfolio Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 Application Portfolio project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Stakeholder Analysis Matrix: How does the Application Portfolio project involve consultations or collaboration with other organizations?
- Procurement Audit: Was the estimated contract value in line with the final cost of the contract awarded?
- Initiating Process Group: Do you know all the stakeholders impacted by the Application Portfolio project and what their needs are?
- Procurement Audit: Has the department identified and described the different elements in the procurement process?
- Quality Audit: How does the organization know that its promotions system is appropriately effective, constructive and fair?
- Activity Cost Estimates: What areas does the group agree are the biggest success on the Application Portfolio project?
- Executing Process Group: Why should Application Portfolio project managers strive to make their jobs look easy?
- Source Selection Criteria: What procedures are followed when a contractor requires access to classified information or a significant quantity of special material/information?
- Responsibility Assignment Matrix: Availability – will the group or the person be available within the necessary time interval?
- Quality Management Plan: How do senior leaders review organizational performance?
Step-by-step and complete Application Portfolio Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Application Portfolio project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Application Portfolio project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Application Portfolio project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Application Portfolio project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Application Portfolio project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Application Portfolio project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Application Portfolio project with this in-depth Application Portfolio Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Application Portfolio projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Application Portfolio and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Application Portfolio investments work better.
This Application Portfolio All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.