Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Automotive Service Excellence Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Automotive Service Excellence related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Automotive Service Excellence specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Automotive Service Excellence Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 719 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Automotive Service Excellence improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 719 standard requirements:
- Who will determine interim and final deadlines?
- Are there any constraints (technical, political, cultural, or otherwise) that would inhibit certain solutions?
- How would one define Automotive Service Excellence leadership?
- Is the team formed and are team leaders (Coaches and Management Leads) assigned?
- What is your BATNA (best alternative to a negotiated agreement)?
- Is there a documented and implemented monitoring plan?
- Is maximizing Automotive Service Excellence protection the same as minimizing Automotive Service Excellence loss?
- How to Secure Automotive Service Excellence?
- What is the implementation plan?
- Are approval levels defined for contracts and supplements to contracts?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Automotive Service Excellence book in PDF containing 719 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Automotive Service Excellence self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Automotive Service Excellence Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Automotive Service Excellence areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Automotive Service Excellence Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Automotive Service Excellence projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Automotive Service Excellence Project Management Form Templates covering over 6000 Automotive Service Excellence project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Initiating Process Group: Do you understand all business (operational), technical, resource and vendor risks associated with the Automotive Service Excellence project?
- Stakeholder Management Plan: Is it standard practice to formally commit stakeholders to the Automotive Service Excellence project via agreements?
- Project Scope Statement: What is the most common tool for helping define the detail?
- Procurement Audit: Are requisitions and other purchase requests batched to reduce the number of orders issued?
- Procurement Audit: Were all admitted tenderers invited to submit a tender for each specific contract?
- Quality Audit: How does the organization know that it is maintaining a conducive staff climate?
- Schedule Management Plan: Have adequate resources been provided by management to ensure Automotive Service Excellence project success?
- Procurement Audit: Has the manual been updated in the last 12 months to reflect any changes in policy?
- Project Charter: What are you striving to accomplish (measurable goal(s))?
- Change Management Plan: Have the business unit contacts been briefed by the Automotive Service Excellence project team?
Step-by-step and complete Automotive Service Excellence Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Automotive Service Excellence project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Automotive Service Excellence project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Automotive Service Excellence project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Automotive Service Excellence project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Automotive Service Excellence project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Automotive Service Excellence project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Automotive Service Excellence project with this in-depth Automotive Service Excellence Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Automotive Service Excellence projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Automotive Service Excellence and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Automotive Service Excellence investments work better.
This Automotive Service Excellence All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.