Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical CMDB Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any CMDB related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated CMDB specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the CMDB Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 721 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which CMDB improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 721 standard requirements:
- What percentage of user PCs and servers are included in a centralized software inventory/CMDB (configuration management database); which is populated by a software tracking tool?
- A Configuration Management database (cmdb) can contain different configuration items (cis). Which items would not normally be regarded as a ci?
- Which cloud Service Management process maintains information in the Configuration Management database (cmdb)?
- What is the main difference between a cmdb (Configuration Management database) and a typical asset register?
- Has Configuration Management a say in how information is stored and accessed in other enterprise databases?
- Is information been provided to the service desk for them to update their knowledge-bases?
- What would you like the cmdb to do for you -how would they like it to change your life?
- So who oversees implementation of the CMDB tasks during software development and/or maintenance?
- What are the use cases that your org is targeting currently for its CMDB/CMS?
- What are the use cases that your org is targeting currently for its CMDB CMS?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the CMDB book in PDF containing 721 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your CMDB self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the CMDB Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which CMDB areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough CMDB Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage CMDB projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step CMDB Project Management Form Templates covering over 6000 CMDB project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Responsibility Assignment Matrix: Are data elements reconcilable between internal summary reports and reports forwarded to stakeholders?
- Schedule Management Plan: How relevant is this attribute to this CMDB project or audit?
- Probability and Impact Assessment: Is the present organizational structure for handling the CMDB project sufficient?
- Scope Management Plan: Has a proper CMDB project work location been established that will allow the team to work together with user personnel?
- Quality Management Plan: How do you ensure that your sampling methods and procedures meet your data quality objectives?
- Communications Management Plan: In your work, how much time is spent on stakeholder identification?
- Activity Duration Estimates: Who has the PRIMARY responsibility to solve this problem?
- Project Scope Statement: Has a method and process for requirement tracking been developed?
- Schedule Management Plan: Is current scope of the CMDB project substantially different than that originally defined?
- Cost Management Plan: Are enough systems & user personnel assigned to the CMDB project?
Step-by-step and complete CMDB Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 CMDB project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 CMDB project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 CMDB project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 CMDB project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 CMDB project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 CMDB project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any CMDB project with this in-depth CMDB Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose CMDB projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in CMDB and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make CMDB investments work better.
This CMDB All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.