Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Conversion as a service Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Conversion as a service related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Conversion as a service specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Conversion as a service Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 674 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Conversion as a service improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 674 standard requirements:
- Does our organization need more Conversion as a service education?
- What tools were most useful during the improve phase?
- Is there any existing Conversion as a service governance structure?
- Design Thinking: Integrating Innovation, Conversion as a service, and Brand Value
- How do you measure success?
- Are operating procedures consistent?
- What one word do we want to own in the minds of our customers, employees, and partners?
- What are our key indicators that you will measure, analyze and track?
- Are there recognized Conversion as a service problems?
- What else needs to be measured?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Conversion as a service book in PDF containing 674 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Conversion as a service self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Conversion as a service Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Conversion as a service areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Conversion as a service Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Conversion as a service projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Conversion as a service Project Management Form Templates covering over 6000 Conversion as a service project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Communications Management Plan: Are there too many who have an interest in some aspect of your work?
- Activity Duration Estimates: What is the critical path for this Conversion as a service project and how long is it?
- Quality Management Plan: How many Conversion as a service project staff does this specific process affect?
- Project or Phase Close-Out: Did the delivered product meet the specified requirements and goals of the Conversion as a service project?
- Change Request: Describe how modifications, enhancements, defects and/or deficiencies shall be notified (e.g. Problem Reports, Change Requests etc) and managed. Detail warranty and/or maintenance periods?
- Activity Duration Estimates: Why do you think schedule issues often cause the most conflicts on Conversion as a service projects?
- Quality Management Plan: How does your organization establish and maintain customer relationships?
- Activity Cost Estimates: Specific - Is the objective clear in terms of what, how, when, and where the situation will be changed?
- Communications Management Plan: How will the person responsible for executing the communication item be notified?
- Procurement Management Plan: Was an original risk assessment/risk management plan completed?
Step-by-step and complete Conversion as a service Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Conversion as a service project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Conversion as a service project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Conversion as a service project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Conversion as a service project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Conversion as a service project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Conversion as a service project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Conversion as a service project with this in-depth Conversion as a service Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Conversion as a service projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Conversion as a service and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Conversion as a service investments work better.
This Conversion as a service All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.