Defense in depth Standard Requirements
- The pharmaceutical industry is also taking advantage of digital progress. It is using IoT for supply chain security in packaging and tracking of drugs. There are new companies using computer chips in pills for tracking adherence to drug regimens and associated biometrics. Using this as an example, how will we use and protect this sensitive data?
- Do we put an IAM architect in the IoT center of excellence? Hastily deployed pockets of identity infrastructure need to be maintained for the full lifetime of the devices. You do not want to set a presence of systems with low assurance levels that an organization later must handle. Do you need end-to-end authentication and authorization?
- Security and authentication technologies, allied to event logging, in the cloud computing environment can help auditors as they deal with issues related to workflow were those who entered, approved, changed or otherwise touched data authorized to do so, on an individual, group or role-related basis?
- Will it support physical, application, and data security, including such capabilities as authentication, authorization, availability, confidentiality, identity management, integrity, audit, security monitoring, incident response, and security policy management?
- If employees, administrators, or third parties access the network remotely, is remote access software (such as pcanywhere, dial-in, or vpn) configured with a unique username and password and with encryption and other security features turned on?
- Do we measure Accuracy? One data protection risk lies in the detection rates, specifically the false positive and false negatives, i.e. how many people are mistakenly identified as fraudulent or how many fraudulent claims are not identified?
- For HIPAA, GLBA and/or other state or federal regulation compliance, what due diligence/auditing is performed to ensure that you remain in compliance and what individual(s) in your organization are responsible for said compliance?
- An extra consideration when using cloud services concerns the handling of encryption keys - where are the keys stored and how are they made available to application code that needs to decrypt the data for processing?
- Are we able to answer the question: given the answer to the authentication question, and any other information available about the entity, what functions and data items should be made available for this entitys use?
- Do the client workstations run in kiosk mode (1 generic user logged into machine, many users log into application) or can the application run under the logged in user with any valid user logging into the machine?
Why Own The Defense in depth Self-Assessment?
The Defense in depth Self-Assessment will make you a Defense in depth domain expert by:
Reducing the effort in the Defense in depth work to be done to get problems solved
- Ensuring that plans of action include every Defense in depth task and that every Defense in depth outcome is in place
- Saving time investigating strategic and tactical options and ensuring Defense in depth opportunity costs are low
- Delivering tailored Defense in depth advise instantly with structured going-forward plans
All the tools you need to an in-depth Defense in depth Self-Assessment. Featuring 933 new and updated case-based criteria, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Defense in depth improvements can be made.
What Is In The Defense in depth Self-Assessment?
The Defense in depth Complete Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard
- Ensures you don't miss anything: 933 criteria in 7 RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain) steps with easy and quick navigating and answering for 1 or up to 10 participants
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Defense in depth Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next
The Defense in depth Complete Self Assessment eBook version of the book in print
- Provides a convenient way to distribute and share among the participants to prepare and discuss the Self-Assessment
In using the Self-Assessment you will be better able to:
Diagnose Defense in depth projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Defense in depth and process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Assess And Define Defense in depth With This Defense in depth Self Assessment. Sample Questions From The Complete, 933 Criteria, Self-Assessment:
- Recognize Criterion: Have you identified your Defense in depth key performance indicators?
- Define Criterion: Should the policies and procedures established require/allow use of more stringent authentication policies and procedures for sensitive information?
- Measure Criterion: Which customers cant participate in our Defense in depth domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
- Analyze Criterion: What are the disruptive Defense in depth technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
- Improve Criterion: How do the Defense in depth results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
- Control Criterion: What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Defense in depth strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
- Sustain Criterion: How do we make it meaningful in connecting Defense in depth with what users do day-to-day?
Cost/Benefit Analysis; Defense in depth Self-Assessment Justification And Approval Tools:
Purchasing a The Art of Service Self Assessment will spur new ideas, fast track project strategy and advance your professional skills. We’ve developed a set of criteria that will aid in gaining approval and give you the ability to validate and review your Self-Assessment investment:
- Excluding hired consultants and advisors from top management consulting firms, internal Defense in depth Self-Assessment work is typically undertaken by senior level positions with titles such as Enterprise Architect, Business Process Architects, Business Process Re-engineering Specialists and Business Architects.
Statistics according to Glassdoor and Indeed tell these positions receive an average basic pay of $125,000. Daily rates of basic pay are computed by dividing an employee's annual pay by 260 days. The daily salary is then derived by dividing the annual salary of $125,000 by 260 days = a daily rate of $480.
- Top management consulting firms start at $2,000 a day, with rates typically charged up to 40 hours per week.
For a fraction of this the Self-Assessment will make you a Defense in depth domain authority.
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
For more than twenty years, The Art of Service's Self-Assessments empower people who can do just that - whether their title is marketer, entrepreneur, manager, salesperson, consultant, business process manager, executive assistant, IT Manager, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are people who watch the process as it happens, and ask the right questions to make the process work better.
Get The Defense in depth Self Assessment That Will Make You A Defense in depth Domain Expert Now.