Digitization Standard Requirements
- Deciding if an item is copyright projected can be a tedious process, although to save time, a few general rules can be applied based on one simple question: Is the item published or unpublished?
- Should the cataloger use a URI which points to a providers home page, a specific journals home page, or table of contents for all issues of the serial or for particular issues of a serial?
- Who will handle the development and/or programming costs to make the digitized materials available online, as well as present a customized look and feel for your organization?
- The identification of potential vendors can only be done through an understanding of requirements for each component. Are digitization (conversion) services being sought?
- When considering the web interface that will be made for a collection, are there special features you feel would enhance the functionality or access to these materials?
- Is there enough accurate information to add context to the content (information on subjects or key people, places, events, objects, periods, activities, or projects)?
- Projects should consider the costs of implementing the software beyond its initial costs. Does your computer hardware exceed the minimum requirements of the software?
- Do we have the staff (both size and qualifications) that would enable us to complete the project or will new staff need to be hired and trained for this project?
- If electing to use a content management system rather than developing an in-house solution, what is initial the fee for purchasing or licensing the software?
- Do we have time to accomplish the in-house tasks and manage the learning curve associated with digitizing collections and making them available?
Why Own The Digitization Self-Assessment?
The Digitization Self-Assessment will make you a Digitization domain expert by:
Reducing the effort in the Digitization work to be done to get problems solved
- Ensuring that plans of action include every Digitization task and that every Digitization outcome is in place
- Saving time investigating strategic and tactical options and ensuring Digitization opportunity costs are low
- Delivering tailored Digitization advise instantly with structured going-forward plans
All the tools you need to an in-depth Digitization Self-Assessment. Featuring 868 new and updated case-based criteria, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Digitization improvements can be made.
What Is In The Digitization Self-Assessment?
The Digitization Complete Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard
- Ensures you don't miss anything: 868 criteria in 7 RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain) steps with easy and quick navigating and answering for 1 or up to 10 participants
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Digitization Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next
The Digitization Complete Self Assessment eBook version of the book in print
- Provides a convenient way to distribute and share among the participants to prepare and discuss the Self-Assessment
In using the Self-Assessment you will be better able to:
Diagnose Digitization projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Digitization and process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Assess And Define Digitization With This Digitization Self Assessment. Sample Questions From The Complete, 868 Criteria, Self-Assessment:
- Recognize Criterion: Consider your own Digitization project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
- Define Criterion: How does the Digitization manager ensure against scope creep?
- Measure Criterion: Does Digitization analysis show the relationships among important Digitization factors?
- Analyze Criterion: A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Digitization models, tools and techniques are necessary?
- Improve Criterion: The identification of potential vendors can only be done through an understanding of requirements for each component. Are digitization (conversion) services being sought?
- Control Criterion: How likely is the current Digitization plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
- Sustain Criterion: What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Digitization?
Cost/Benefit Analysis; Digitization Self-Assessment Justification And Approval Tools:
Purchasing a The Art of Service Self Assessment will spur new ideas, fast track project strategy and advance your professional skills. We’ve developed a set of criteria that will aid in gaining approval and give you the ability to validate and review your Self-Assessment investment:
- Excluding hired consultants and advisors from top management consulting firms, internal Digitization Self-Assessment work is typically undertaken by senior level positions with titles such as Enterprise Architect, Business Process Architects, Business Process Re-engineering Specialists and Business Architects.
Statistics according to Glassdoor and Indeed tell these positions receive an average basic pay of $125,000. Daily rates of basic pay are computed by dividing an employee's annual pay by 260 days. The daily salary is then derived by dividing the annual salary of $125,000 by 260 days = a daily rate of $480.
- Top management consulting firms start at $2,000 a day, with rates typically charged up to 40 hours per week.
For a fraction of this the Self-Assessment will make you a Digitization domain authority.
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
For more than twenty years, The Art of Service's Self-Assessments empower people who can do just that - whether their title is marketer, entrepreneur, manager, salesperson, consultant, business process manager, executive assistant, IT Manager, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are people who watch the process as it happens, and ask the right questions to make the process work better.
Get The Digitization Self Assessment That Will Make You A Digitization Domain Expert Now.