Save 10% by buying the exam prep together with your eLearning course.
IT is highly recommended to read the Official AXELOS® ITIL® 2011 Service Design book prior to this course. We recommend Amazon.com to source your ITIL Publication.
In your ITIL Intermediate Service Design eLearning course:
We offer a fully accredited, self-managed eLearning course that provides you with all the relevant knowledge you need to pass your Service Design exam and gain your certification. Your trainer is on standby via the forum, with response times up to 24 hours.
The $499.95 eLearning plus package contains:
*Consider upgrading to receive advanced trainer support for an extra $100. Find out more about it here.
*Didn’t pass your exam on the first go? No problem. If you’ve got exam insurance we’ll cover the cost of your resit. Read the terms and conditions here.
Which ITIL® topics are covered in this course?
The Service Design Certificate covers the following ITIL processes:
Service Design principles
Service Catalog Management
Service Level Management
IT Service Continuity Management
Information Security Management
The Service Design Lifecycle course will be of interest to:
- Individuals who have their ITIL v3/2011 Foundation Certificate (or the ITIL v2 Foundation + v3 Foundation Bridge certificate) who want to purse the intermediate and advanced level ITIL certifications.
- Individuals who require a deeper understanding of the Service Design stage of the Service Lifecycle and how activities in this Lifecycle stage may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization
- IT professionals working in roles associated with strategic planning, execution and control within a service-based business model, seeking an understanding of the concepts, processes, functions and activities involved in Service Design
- Individuals seeking the ITIL Expert certification in IT Service Management for which this qualification is one of the prerequisite modules
- Individuals seeking progress towards the ITIL Master in IT Service Management for which the ITIL Expert is a prerequisite
- A typical role includes (but is not restricted to): CIOs, CTOs, managers, supervisory staff, team leaders, designers, architects, planners, IT consultants, Capacity Managers, Availability Managers, Service Level Manager and ITSM trainers involved in the management, coordination and integration of design activities within the Service Lifecycle.
Primary Activies of Service Design:
Analyzing business requirements
- Collection, analyzing and engineering requirements
- Evaluating Service Design models
- Identifying solution alternatives reusing existing components
- Designing the appropriate solution
- Developing service acceptance criteria
- Evaluating total costs and agree expenditures
Achieving balance between design and existing strategies
- Ensuring inclusion of governance and security controls
- Completing IT readiness assessment
- Aligning supplier and supporting agreements
- Assembling the Service Design Package (SDP)
- Producing, maintaining and revising all services, design processes and documents
- Liaison with other design and planning activities
- Aligning with corporate and IT strategies
The recommended minimum contact hours for the eLearning course is 21 (not including exam prep program).
- Hold an ITIL v3/2011 Foundation Certificate or ITIL v2 Foundation + v3 Foundation Bridge Certificate
- There is no minimum requirement but a basic IT literacy and around 2 years IT experience are highly desirable
- It is highly recommended that you read the AXELOS® Service Design book prior to commencement of this program
- Candidates must supply identification confirmation at the time of course registration
What's the difference between the Lifecycle and Capability certificates?
The Lifecycle and Capability certificates comprise the two streams, or branches, of the ITIL intermediate-level qualification scheme.
The Lifecycle stream-which includes the Service Design qualification-consists of five modules or certifications. These certifications focus on the Service Lifecycle, the use of process and practice within the lifecycle and developing the skills needed to deliver quality Service Management practices in an organization.
The Capability certificates, which are made up of four modules, are geared toward those who want a thorough understanding of ITIL processes and roles. The primary focus is on activities, execution and use of the processes throughout the entire Service Lifecycle.
About the Examination:
- Evidence of ITIL v3/2011 Foundation Certificate or ITIL v2 Foundation + v3 Foundation Bridge Certificate and completion of the Service Design Lifecycle course from an Accredited Training Provider is required to sit the exam
- It is recommended that students should complete at least 21 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and the Service Design book in preparation for the examination.
- The syllabus can be downloaded from:
- The exam is a closed book exam with eight (8) multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions.
- Exam duration is a maximum 90 minutes for all candidates in their respective language (candidates sitting the examination in a language other than their first language have a maximum of 120 minutes and are allowed to use a dictionary)
- Each question will have 4 possible answer options, one of which is worth 5 marks, one which is worth 3 marks, one which is worth 1 mark, and one which is a distracter and achieves no marks.
- Pass score is 28/40 or 70%
- Distinction pass score is under consideration
Upon successful passing of the ITIL Service Design Lifecycle exam, the student will be recognized with 3 credits in the ITIL qualification scheme
Project Management Institute Professional Development Units (PDUs) = 21
Is this course accredited?
Yes! AXELOS/CSME, the official ITIL accreditors, have accredited this course and the instructors who teach it as providing high-quality training in IT Service Management.
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited
AXELOS® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited