Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Patch Management Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Patch Management related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Patch Management specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Patch Management Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 992 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Patch Management improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 992 standard requirements:
- Is there a patch management solution in place, so that all system components and software are protected from known vulnerabilities by having the latest vendor supplied security patches installed?
- How does change control occur for the cloud provider infrastructure, as system patching, firewalls, intrusion detection, anti-malware, virtual environment management, and hardware equipment?
- Are you maintaining software patch management on all systems by following a regular schedule for applying patches for operating systems, specific software, and anti-virus updates?
- Have you rated all of the information assets, basing your rating on a defined classification system, and taking into account criticality, confidentiality and relevant legislation?
- Does even the simplest patch management process require intensive testing to ensure exceptions are addressed, adding more time and overhead to achieve your organization outcome?
- Is your organization looking for managed monthly proactive patching and monitoring on workstations as well as servers as a proactive and preventative managed service?
- Does the service providers Terms of Service or SLA include service levels for patch and vulnerability management that includes a defined the maximum exposure window?
- Have you assessed the potential security threats, along with the likelihood of occurrence and potential business impacts, for each information asset and key service?
- Who is responsible for ensuring that major business changes affecting IT are properly costed, approved, planned, controlled, implemented, and periodically reviewed?
- How can the network administrator be sure that all end users have updated devices, or that all known system vulnerabilities on corporate servers have been patched?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Patch Management book in PDF containing 992 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Patch Management self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Patch Management Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Patch Management areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Patch Management Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Patch Management projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Patch Management Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 Patch Management project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Quality Audit: How does your organization know that its system for staff performance planning and review is appropriately effective and constructive?
- Schedule Management Plan: What tools and techniques will be used to estimate activity resources?
- Cost Management Plan: Has a provision been made to reassess Patch Management project risks at various Patch Management project stages?
- Schedule Management Plan: Are changes in scope (deliverable commitments) agreed to by all affected groups & individuals?
- Probability and Impact Assessment: How is risk handled within this Patch Management project organization?
- Procurement Audit: Is the procurement process organized the most appropriate way taking into consideration the amount of procurement?
- Activity Duration Estimates: What are the main types of contracts if you do decide to outsource?
- WBS Dictionary: Cwbs elements to be subcontracted, with identification of subcontractors?
- Activity Duration Estimates: Does a process exist to identify Patch Management project roles, responsibilities and reporting relationships?
- Probability and Impact Assessment: Which risks need to move on to Perform Quantitative Risk Analysis?
Step-by-step and complete Patch Management Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Patch Management project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Patch Management project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Patch Management project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Patch Management project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Patch Management project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Patch Management project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Patch Management project with this in-depth Patch Management Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Patch Management projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Patch Management and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Patch Management investments work better.
This Patch Management All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.