Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Project Portfolio Management Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Project Portfolio Management related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Project Portfolio Management specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Project Portfolio Management Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 996 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Project Portfolio Management improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 996 standard requirements:
- What technology and management measurements and metrics about AD projects and portfolios will AD groups need to know and use to support real-time business requirements?
- Will the selection of business function/area and scope of artifacts population be defined and agreed by both parties during the analysis phase of the project?
- Do all users see value in the solution (there needs to be benefits for your organization, the Project Managers, the Resource Managers and the Team members)?
- What are the key considerations and decisions that must be made to ensure your project management office is appropriate for your organization?
- Is the project appropriately set up to deliver the agreed desired business outcomes and enable the associated business benefits and value?
- What is your organization of the portfolio from the executive perspective, with readily available access to the Project and PM details?
- How do you accurately assess resource requirements by functional area for out years when details about future new projects are unknown?
- How important is it to you to understand the differences and similarities between project marketing and project portfolio management?
- Which should an IS auditor recommend to BEST enforce alignment of an IT project portfolio with strategic organizational priorities?
- What is the estimated annual cost in hard dollars of maintaining and supporting current project management systems and interfaces?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Project Portfolio Management book in PDF containing 996 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Project Portfolio Management self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Project Portfolio Management Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Project Portfolio Management areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Project Portfolio Management Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Project Portfolio Management projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Project Portfolio Management Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 Project Portfolio Management project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Project Scope Statement: Is there a baseline plan against which to measure progress?
- WBS Dictionary: Are the procedures for identifying indirect costs to incurring organizations, indirect cost pools, and allocating the costs from the pools to the contracts formally documented?
- Scope Management Plan: Are meeting objectives identified for each meeting?
- Procurement Audit: Are decisions to outsource and being part of public private partnerships closely linked to the delivery of departments core services and functions?
- Procurement Audit: Do at least two people have custodial responsibilities for negotiable checks (one checking on the other)?
- Probability and Impact Assessment: What is the past performance of the Project Portfolio Management project manager?
- Quality Management Plan: What are your organizations key processes (product, service, business, and support)?
- Probability and Impact Matrix: What is the level of experience available with your organization?
- Executing Process Group: Do Project Portfolio Management project managers understand your organizational context for Project Portfolio Management projects?
- Initiating Process Group: What were the challenges that you encountered during the execution of a previous Project Portfolio Management project that you would not want to repeat?
Step-by-step and complete Project Portfolio Management Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Project Portfolio Management project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Project Portfolio Management project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Project Portfolio Management project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Project Portfolio Management project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Project Portfolio Management project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Project Portfolio Management project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Project Portfolio Management project with this in-depth Project Portfolio Management Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Project Portfolio Management projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Project Portfolio Management and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Project Portfolio Management investments work better.
This Project Portfolio Management All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.