SMED Standard Requirements
- Toyota is the role model and the most highly developed example of the potency of systems thinking and action learning in its broadest sense. but why, if the tps is so successful, is toyota along with its circle of suppliers still almost the lone manufacturing example?
- Think about management in a conventional mass production operation. First and foremost, the focus is on results, on hitting the numbers: Did you meet the schedule for this day or this week?
- Does the production operation unit possess safe production conditions that satisfy the relevant laws, the administrative regulations, and the standards set by the State or by the industry?
- If you cannot consistently define lean production, how can you differentiate it from other management concepts and verify its effectiveness to practicing managers?
- Having this cycle time to takt time relationship will take care of your production problems in the long run, but what about the short-term problems you might have?
- Are there production documents for each phase of production of each software unit, representing a scheduling commitment upon the part of the unit manager?
- Is the first prototype or pilot of each hardware unit assigned (in sufficient quantity) to production for a sufficient and continuing period of time?
- In a situation where the main source of uncertainty is due to timing of customer orders, which buffering strategy would be expected to perform best?
- Computers with plenty and poorly ordered data on hard disk drives slow down. Did you consider directories and files as candidates for 5S?
- What is the value of having visual signals for non-cyclical process tracking such as daily maintenance, preventive maintenance, cleaning, 5S, etc.?
Why Own The SMED Self-Assessment?
The SMED Self-Assessment will make you a SMED domain expert by:
Reducing the effort in the SMED work to be done to get problems solved
- Ensuring that plans of action include every SMED task and that every SMED outcome is in place
- Saving time investigating strategic and tactical options and ensuring SMED opportunity costs are low
- Delivering tailored SMED advise instantly with structured going-forward plans
All the tools you need to an in-depth SMED Self-Assessment. Featuring 988 new and updated case-based criteria, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which SMED improvements can be made.
What Is In The SMED Self-Assessment?
The SMED Complete Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard
- Ensures you don't miss anything: 988 criteria in 7 RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain) steps with easy and quick navigating and answering for 1 or up to 10 participants
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough SMED Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next
The SMED Complete Self Assessment eBook version of the book in print
- Provides a convenient way to distribute and share among the participants to prepare and discuss the Self-Assessment
In using the Self-Assessment you will be better able to:
Diagnose SMED projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in SMED and process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Assess And Define SMED With This SMED Self Assessment. Sample Questions From The Complete, 988 Criteria, Self-Assessment:
- Recognize Criterion: Think about the people you identified for your SMED project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
- Define Criterion: If substitutes have been appointed, have they been briefed on the SMED goals and received regular communications as to the progress to date?
- Measure Criterion: How frequently do you track SMED measures?
- Analyze Criterion: Think about the functions involved in your SMED project. what processes flow from these functions?
- Improve Criterion: How do the SMED results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
- Control Criterion: Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for SMED strengthening and reform actually originate?
- Sustain Criterion: Think of your SMED project. what are the main functions?
Cost/Benefit Analysis; SMED Self-Assessment Justification And Approval Tools:
Purchasing a The Art of Service Self Assessment will spur new ideas, fast track project strategy and advance your professional skills. We’ve developed a set of criteria that will aid in gaining approval and give you the ability to validate and review your Self-Assessment investment:
- Excluding hired consultants and advisors from top management consulting firms, internal SMED Self-Assessment work is typically undertaken by senior level positions with titles such as Enterprise Architect, Business Process Architects, Business Process Re-engineering Specialists and Business Architects.
Statistics according to Glassdoor and Indeed tell these positions receive an average basic pay of $125,000. Daily rates of basic pay are computed by dividing an employee's annual pay by 260 days. The daily salary is then derived by dividing the annual salary of $125,000 by 260 days = a daily rate of $480.
- Top management consulting firms start at $2,000 a day, with rates typically charged up to 40 hours per week.
For a fraction of this the Self-Assessment will make you a SMED domain authority.
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
For more than twenty years, The Art of Service's Self-Assessments empower people who can do just that - whether their title is marketer, entrepreneur, manager, salesperson, consultant, business process manager, executive assistant, IT Manager, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are people who watch the process as it happens, and ask the right questions to make the process work better.
Get The SMED Self Assessment That Will Make You A SMED Domain Expert Now.