Be accountable for working first hand with alternative data sources to solve complex problems around classification and discovery, Developing and scaling models for classification, clustering and anomaly detection, Integrating statistical and machine learning models into production data products, defining and expanding.
More Uses of the Splunk Toolkit:
- Collaborate with distributed teams to strengthen the cybersecurity posture of Reclamation Information Technology (IT) and Industrial Control Systems (ICS).
- Systematize: monitor architecture and design solutions for applications using Splunk and appdynamics and ensure application monitoring systems provide necessary application performance and dashboard reports.
- Oversee: monitor Splunk alerts for memory using automated log rotation scripts depending on the business requirement to monitor the error rate of the application and take necessary ahead of time.
- Manage work with product, technology, and engineering to maintain expertise across all solution offerings ensuring the latest capabilities are reviewed with account team.
- Use elk/Splunk analytics platform and other proprietary tools to identify threats, determine root cause, scope, and severity of each critical anomaly.
- Devise: articulate and influence the development team, infrastructure team and others to provide a solution to fix the root cause and prevent the recurrence of issues.
- Create dashboard and alerts in Splunk depending on the business requirement to monitor the error rate of the application and take necessary actions ahead of time.
- Be accountable for monitoring performance of correlated and scheduled searches and identify opportunities to make searches/dashboards more efficient in Splunk to improve performance.
- Govern: cybersecurity architect or cybersecurity engineer or it security engineer or security analyst or Splunk certified cybersecurity engineer or rpa expert or risk based alert expert.
- Follow up with customer POC to resolve team issues and dependencies raise concerns regarding changes in timelines and expectations with customer point of contact to resolve the same.
- Be accountable for administering Splunk; integrating Splunk with a wide variety of legacy data sources and industry leading commercial security and other tools.
- Coordinate with project teams to ensure all devices and components report all logs to the Splunk Enterprise Security Platform and perform troubleshooting and maintenance of assets.
- Be accountable for securing Splunk environments by working with infrastructure operations team to reduce risks to information by implementing patch and vulnerability management.
- Manage work with account development executives (sales) providing technical input into all relevant customer relationship activities as related to sso and seamless authentication.
Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Splunk Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Splunk related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Splunk specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Splunk Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 992 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Splunk improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 992 standard requirements:
- What if a machine builder could leverage artificial intelligence, coupled with remote monitoring capabilities, to begin offering uptime as a service to its end-users?
- How can data assets be augmented with annotations using natural language processing, machine learning, tagging, and so on to assist in drawing useful inferences?
- Where possible, do you retain copies of personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format to comply with the Right to Data Portability?
- Are you able to collect and centrally store all data types, including scalar points, digital process signatures, and even images from machine vision systems?
- Can the application run on a different machine to the virtual environment and the user without overloading the network with data being passed between users?
- Do you confidently identify the aggregate risk embedded across all of your contracts ÃÂÃÂ from an enterprise-wide as well as line of business perspective?
- How will the personal information stored on the machine readable technology on the licenses and IDs be protected from unauthorized collection and use?
- Which protocol is primarily used to provide confidentiality in a web based application thus protecting data sent across a client machine and a server?
- What are the number of daily log events and how many security events are deemed interesting or require investigation on a weekly or monthly basis?
- How do you best proceed on your journey to develop advanced analytics capabilities that can mine machine data to improve operational intelligence?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Splunk book in PDF containing 992 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Splunk self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Splunk Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Splunk areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Splunk Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Splunk projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Splunk Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 Splunk project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Project Portfolio management: How do you centrally track the benefits of Splunk projects?
- Procurement Management Plan: Does a documented Splunk project organizational policy & plan (i.e. governance model) exist?
- Probability and Impact Matrix: What will be the likely incidence of conflict with neighboring Splunk projects?
- Issue Log: What approaches to you feel are the best ones to use?
- Human Resource Management Plan: Do Splunk project teams & team members report on status / activities / progress?
- WBS Dictionary: Are the overhead pools formally and adequately identified?
- Human Resource Management Plan: Is quality monitored from the perspective of the customers needs and expectations?
- Procurement Management Plan: Have process improvement efforts been completed before requirements efforts begin?
- Stakeholder Management Plan: What action will be taken once reports have been received?
- Stakeholder Management Plan: Are all key components of a Quality Assurance Plan present?
Step-by-step and complete Splunk Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Splunk project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Splunk project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Splunk project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Splunk project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Splunk project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Splunk project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Splunk project with this in-depth Splunk Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Splunk projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Splunk and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Splunk investments work better.
This Splunk All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.