Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Hospitality Consulting Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Hospitality Consulting related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Hospitality Consulting specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Hospitality Consulting Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 993 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Hospitality Consulting improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 993 standard requirements:
- How far did business strategies take account of actual and potential workforce skills and how far was a strategic approach taken to preventing and filling skills gaps and shortages?
- How can effective physical and perimeter security be implemented without adversely impacting the visitor experience or need for open and welcoming spaces and environments?
- Are the deals becoming more complex with guarantees and are other deliverables having to be built into management contracts or franchise agreements?
- When the marketing campaigns are created and the promises determined, how much time is considered in how you can deliver on that expectation?
- What factors should your organization consider when evaluating the venues and circumstances for meetings with consultants?
- What initiatives will have the most positive impact on customer satisfaction, on revenues and on the value of a property?
- What happens if a consultant is engaged and the project is cancelled or modified without using the consultants services?
- Has a member of staff been designated to monitor performance continually and set realistic targets based on the results?
- How much should you charge for that menu item, Is that menu item profitable, what impact are your product costs having?
- What is your target number of full-time-equivalent unit level employees per full-time-equivalent unit level trainer?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Hospitality Consulting book in PDF containing 993 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Hospitality Consulting self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Hospitality Consulting Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Hospitality Consulting areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Hospitality Consulting Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Hospitality Consulting projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Hospitality Consulting Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 Hospitality Consulting project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Human Resource Management Plan: Is there a formal process for updating the Hospitality Consulting project baseline?
- Schedule Management Plan: Are the people assigned to the Hospitality Consulting project sufficiently qualified?
- Procurement Management Plan: How and when do you enter into Hospitality Consulting project Procurement Management?
- Procurement Audit: Does the strategy ensure that needs are met, and not exceeded?
- Procurement Audit: Where required, did candidates give evidence of complying with required environmental management standards?
- Team Member Performance Assessment: What is the target group for instruction (e.g., individual and collective or small team instruction)?
- Project Performance Report: To what degree will the approach capitalize on and enhance the skills of all team members in a manner that takes into consideration other demands on members of the team?
- Change Management Plan: What are the responsibilities assigned to each role?
- Human Resource Management Plan: Is a pmo (Hospitality Consulting project management office) in place and provide oversight to the Hospitality Consulting project?
- Change Management Plan: What is the negative impact of communicating too soon or too late?
Step-by-step and complete Hospitality Consulting Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Hospitality Consulting project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Hospitality Consulting project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Hospitality Consulting project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Hospitality Consulting project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Hospitality Consulting project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Hospitality Consulting project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Hospitality Consulting project with this in-depth Hospitality Consulting Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Hospitality Consulting projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Hospitality Consulting and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Hospitality Consulting investments work better.
This Hospitality Consulting All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.