Confirm your organization provides Technical Support and direction to operating areas relative to system priorities, engineering guidelines and operating decisions during normal and emergency situations.
More Uses of the IEC 61850 Toolkit:
- Install, overhaul, repair, fabricate, and/or modify electronically controlled industrial systems, components, and/or sub assemblies.
- Be accountable for developing operating and maintenance standards for newly designed or reconfigured protection systems.
- Oversee: every job you do is different, so your people contribute to a wide range of projects.
- Initiate: work closely with Asset Management on project justification and financial rationing.
- Control: design and prototype Machine Learning and Signal Processing algorithms.
- Provide feedback to Product Development and design Engineering teams for hybrid systems.
- Guide: work as part of a larger team to bring software systems from concept to product.
- Be accountable for supervising a team of engineering professionals and technicians, and overseeing work.
- Devise: design test procedures and perform detailed investigation and evaluation of device to device connectivity, information exchange and operation.
- Assure your organization coordinates safe delivery and installation of mobile substations and other power equipment.
- Make sure that your organization maintains network of engineering professionals and share engineering best practice across different projects and disciplines.
- Be accountable for supporting innovative product solutions and Product Development to address customer needs, Market Trends, and competitive opportunities.
- Manage work with and manage customers to ensure requirements and expectations are clear.
- Provide regular support for Sustaining engineering, Service and Maintenance.
- Select appropriate software and hardware to fill requirements.
- Be accountable for reviewing protection schematic drawings for accuracy against standards.
- Manage work with tools and equipment for remote metering and monitoring, data acquisition, and instrumentation.
- Lead Problem Solving ability leading to successful deployment and operation of designs.
- Standardize: every project is different, so you listen first and design a system supported by your service anywhere, to any scale.
- Ensure you care about quality, and you value Effective Communication and collaboration as the way to make better products.
- Manage work activities associated with development, review and periodic update of control center operating procedures.
- Coordinate: distribution system protection design and engineering, distribution level interconnection.
- Manage IT consultants and subcontractors for Network Security deliverables, testing, budgets, and system completion.
- Organize: integration and testing of control, automation and protection systems for Emerging Technologies.
- Assure your organization plans, schedules, assigns, and directs work of Substation Operations personnel and administers local department budgets.
Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical IEC 61850 Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step Work Plans and maturity diagnostics for any IEC 61850 related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated IEC 61850 specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the IEC 61850 Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a Data Driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 906 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of Process Design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which IEC 61850 improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 906 standard requirements:
- Does your organization perform Vulnerability Assessment activities as part of the acquisition cycle for products in each of the following areas: Cybersecurity, SCADA, Smart Grid, internet connectivity, and website hosting?
- Reliability and high quality are essential characteristics of any solution used in industrial substation automation. Which products on the market live up to their claims of meeting the most stringent standards in quality?
- Do your Security Policies and practices take into account how your corporate IT and SCADA and industrial Control Systems, and your physical and personal Security Policies and practices overlap?
- Are there alarms at the remote components of the SCADA communications system for corresponding things as intrusion, loss of electric power, loss of environmental control, and fuel reserves?
- If there are dedicated multiple independent telephone systems or dedicated switches and cables supporting the SCADA system, is each one individually adequate to support the entire system?
- With respect to context, the Smart Grid program works within the cyber-physical systems program. What are basic CPS principles and how can they be applied to specific sectors?
- What is the potential for third-party organizations to provide Smart Grid enabled products and services for use on either or both the consumer and utility side of the meter?
- Are there provisions within the assets/facilitys primary electric power supply and distribution system to supply power for the special dedicated SCADA computers and servers?
- Are the dedicated SCADA telephone switches and data-transfer switches located in a limited access or secured area away from potential damage due to weather or water leaks?
- Are there provisions within the assets/facilitys primary electric power supply and distribution system to supply power for the special SCADA radio communications systems?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the IEC 61850 book in PDF containing 906 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your IEC 61850 self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the IEC 61850 Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which IEC 61850 areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough IEC 61850 Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline Data Protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage IEC 61850 projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step IEC 61850 Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 IEC 61850 project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Scope Management Plan: Are the proposed IEC 61850 project purposes different than the previously authorized IEC 61850 project?
- Risk Management Plan: Does the IEC 61850 project have the authority and ability to avoid the risk?
- WBS Dictionary: Does the contractors system identify work accomplishment against the schedule plan?
- Executing Process Group: What are the main processes included in IEC 61850 project Quality Management?
- Probability and Impact Assessment: When and how will the recent breakthroughs in basic research lead to commercial products?
- Probability and Impact Matrix: What action would you take to the identified risks in the IEC 61850 project?
- Probability and Impact Matrix: Does the Software Engineering team have the right mix of skills?
- Assumption and Constraint Log: Have you eliminated all duplicative tasks or manual efforts, where appropriate?
- Risk Management Plan: Can the risk be avoided by choosing a different alternative?
- Risk Management Plan: What other risks are created by choosing an avoidance strategy?
Step-by-step and complete IEC 61850 Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 IEC 61850 project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 IEC 61850 Project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 IEC 61850 project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 IEC 61850 project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 IEC 61850 project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 IEC 61850 project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any IEC 61850 project with this in-depth IEC 61850 Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose IEC 61850 projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in IEC 61850 and put Process Design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make IEC 61850 investments work better.
This IEC 61850 All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.