Lead perimeter security controls as firewalls, IDS/IPS, network access controls, and network segmentation.
More Uses of the Network segmentation Toolkit:
- Standardize: review network segmentation to ensure least privilege for network access.
- Confirm your organization virus protection, firewall support and network segmentation expertise.
- Head: network segmentation strategies.
- Control: network segmentation and data access protection.
Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Network segmentation Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Network segmentation related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Network segmentation specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Network segmentation Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 909 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Network segmentation improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 909 standard requirements:
- What is the process for adding services or new technologies. For example, assuming that your organization adopted a deep-packet-inspection firewall technology, how would this be supported and incorporated into an SLA?
- If the firewall runs on an individual host for which all users are not trusted system administrators, how vulnerable is it to tampering by a user logged into the operating system running on the protected hosts?
- Do you plan on devoting plenty of time to fully evaluate WAF products? And once you have narrowed down your choices to the ones that meet your basic requirements, how do you compare the different options?
- Consider this hypothetical situation, if several people depend on you to do certain tasks for them and someone needs you to do something else on top of your regular workload, what would you do?
- If your organization has decided to Virtualize, do you run applications such as your Application Delivery controller on a dedicated, proprietary appliance at the edge of the infrastructure?
- If you are sitting as a firewall at the edge of the network and Ive got shared services of a mail server, a webserver and a DNS server. What ports will you allow inbound as a request?
- Is your system and network architecture based on a high availability design that includes redundant firewalls, routers, switches and IDS, and load balanced or clustered servers?
- If the system can not be patched, what mitigating controls might be used (for example, web application firewalls WAFs and intrusion prevention systems IPS, or virtual patching)?
- The more attacks a WAF solution and vendor observes, the more it will learn about attack patterns, attack payloads and attack characteristics. Does your WAF vendor collect data?
- What is your scenario planning for if you are receiving a ransom note with an ultimatum to pay or to watch your organizations website buckle under a deluge of DDoS requests?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Network segmentation book in PDF containing 909 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Network segmentation self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Network segmentation Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Network segmentation areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Network segmentation Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Network segmentation projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Network segmentation Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 Network segmentation project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Probability and Impact Assessment: Is the technology to be built new to your organization?
- Probability and Impact Matrix: How would you suggest monitoring for risk transition indicators?
- Cost Management Plan: How relevant is this attribute to this Network segmentation project or audit?
- Lessons Learned: How much of your time was spent on other than this Network segmentation project?
- Project Management Plan: Are there any scope changes proposed for a previously authorized Network segmentation project?
- Schedule Management Plan: Is funded schedule margin reasonable and logically distributed?
- Probability and Impact Assessment: Which of corresponding risk factors can be avoided altogether?
- Quality Management Plan: What process do you use to minimize errors, defects, and rework?
- Risk Management Plan: Litigation – what is the probability that lawsuits will cause problems or delays in the Network segmentation project?
- Roles and Responsibilities: Is there a training program in place for stakeholders covering expectations, roles and responsibilities and any addition knowledge others need to be good stakeholders?
Step-by-step and complete Network segmentation Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Network segmentation project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Network segmentation project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Network segmentation project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Network segmentation project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Network segmentation project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Network segmentation project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Network segmentation project with this in-depth Network segmentation Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Network segmentation projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Network segmentation and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Network segmentation investments work better.
This Network segmentation All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.