Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Next-Generation Nurse Call Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Next-Generation Nurse Call related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Next-Generation Nurse Call specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Next-Generation Nurse Call Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 990 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Next-Generation Nurse Call improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 990 standard requirements:
- Do staff members communicate personal information about residents in a way that protects the confidentiality of the information and the dignity of residents?
- Are drawings that show supply and return ends sufficient for the display of mechanical ventilation, or must all duct work be shown in the plans?
- Does the home have arrangements with a nearby organization for quick transfer of nursing home residents in an emergency?
- Are changes in nursing resources within organizations overtime related to changes in quality of care and patient safety?
- Do you renew your license on more than one type of requirement if you meet more than one of the sets of requirements?
- Does your emergency contact information contain employees home residence location, or distance/direction from work?
- Are you only able to see nurse call requests coming in, without a broader view of patient and staff interactions?
- Does the nursing home have a varied program of recreational, cultural and intellectual activities for residents?
- Does your current nurse call system provide data on response times, and lack additional reporting capabilities?
- Is fidelity being monitored internally by organization staff or tracked by the contracting organization?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Next-Generation Nurse Call book in PDF containing 990 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Next-Generation Nurse Call self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Next-Generation Nurse Call Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Next-Generation Nurse Call areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Next-Generation Nurse Call Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Next-Generation Nurse Call projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Next-Generation Nurse Call Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 Next-Generation Nurse Call project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Procurement Audit: Did the contracting authority draw up a comprehensive written report about progress and outcome of the procurement process?
- Procurement Audit: In the set up of the system and in the award of contracts were only electronic means used?
- Cost Management Plan: Have external dependencies been captured in the schedule?
- Stakeholder Management Plan: Do Next-Generation Nurse Call project teams & team members report on status / activities / progress?
- Quality Management Plan: What are your organizations current levels and trends for the already stated measures related to employee wellbeing, satisfaction, and development?
- Stakeholder Analysis Matrix: Does the stakeholder want to be involved or merely need to be informed about the Next-Generation Nurse Call project and its process?
- Roles and Responsibilities: Are Next-Generation Nurse Call project team roles and responsibilities identified and documented?
- Scope Management Plan: Are vendor contract reports, reviews and visits conducted periodically?
- Probability and Impact Matrix: What is the best method for analysing the risks for different types of Next-Generation Nurse Call projects?
- WBS Dictionary: Is cost and schedule performance measurement done in a consistent, systematic manner?
Step-by-step and complete Next-Generation Nurse Call Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Next-Generation Nurse Call project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Next-Generation Nurse Call project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Next-Generation Nurse Call project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Next-Generation Nurse Call project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Next-Generation Nurse Call project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Next-Generation Nurse Call project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Next-Generation Nurse Call project with this in-depth Next-Generation Nurse Call Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Next-Generation Nurse Call projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Next-Generation Nurse Call and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Next-Generation Nurse Call investments work better.
This Next-Generation Nurse Call All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.