This Policy was last reviewed and updated on: July 01, 2022
The Art of Service Pty Ltd values and respects the privacy of the people we deal with. The Art of Service Pty Ltd is committed to protecting your privacy and complying with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and other applicable privacy laws and regulations.
What is personal information?
“Personal information” means any information or opinion, whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable. In general terms, this includes information or an opinion that personally identifies you either directly (e.g. your name) or indirectly.
What personal information do we collect?
The Art of Service collects, uses, stores and transfers Personal Information to manage its relationship with its Customers, employees, business partners and other third parties (“covered individuals”) and better serve covered individuals by personalising their experience and interaction with The Art of Service. Such processing is done in compliance with applicable laws, Service Agreements, including appropriate notice and consent.
The personal information we collect about you may include:
- mailing or street address;
- date of birth;
- email address;
- phone number;
- company name;
You do not have to provide us with your personal information. Where possible, we will give you the option to interact with us anonymously or by using a pseudonym. However, if you choose to deal with us in this way or choose not to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our services or otherwise interact with you.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information directly from you when you:
- interact with us over the phone;
- interact with us in person;
- interact with us online;
- participate in surveys or questionnaires;
- attend an Art of Service Pty Ltd event;
- subscribe to our newsletter and/or mailing list;
- request information about products and services;
- where you submit and order;
- apply for a position with us as an employee, contractor or volunteer;
- purchasing, downloading and/or registering products;
- signing up for additional services;
- for the purposes of verification of your identity or fraud prevention purposes
Collecting personal information from third parties
We may also collect your personal information from third parties or through publicly available sources, for example from Big Commerce, Stripe.com, PayPal. We collect your personal information from these third parties to take, process or deliver your order, process or obtain payment or notify you of the status of your order.
Personal Information provided to us will be primarily be processed on computer servers located in the USA.
How do we use your personal information?
We use personal information for many purposes in connection with our functions and activities, including the following purposes:
- provide you with information or services that you request from us;
- deliver to you a more personalised experience and service offering;
- improve the quality of the services we offer;
- internal administrative purposes;
- marketing and research purposes;
- to facilitate the renewal of subscriptions for products or services;
- the screening of the order by a validation system(‘Fraud Screening System’) to prevent fraudulent orders;
- to provide you with effective customer service and/or technical support;
- to provide you with service updates, announcements and other product offerings;
- to permit you to participate in online surveys and polls, assuming you voluntarily agree to provide such information in connection with these surveys and polls; and
- to improve The Art of Service’s websites, the customer experience and any related products or services.
- For other purposes as notified to you from time to time (subject to applicable legal requirements)
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in accordance with this Policy in circumstances where you would reasonably expect us to disclose your information. For example, we may disclose your personal information to:
- To cooperate with law enforcement or other government investigations (without necessarily requiring the law enforcement or government agency requesting the information to formally serve us with a subpoena);
- comply with all valid court orders or subpoenas;
- to protect legal rights of The Art of Service, it’s employees, our users or any member of the public;
- our professional services advisors;
- when we believe it is needed for fraud protection and/or credit risk reduction; and/or,
- to protect the personal safety of our employees, agents, other users or the public in general
Transfer of personal information overseas
Some of the third-party service providers we disclose personal information to may be based in or have servers located outside of Australia, including in USA
Where we disclose your personal information to third parties overseas, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that data security and appropriate privacy practices are maintained. We will only disclose to overseas third parties if:
- you have given us your consent to disclose personal information to that third party; or
- we reasonably believe that:
- the overseas recipient is subject to a law or binding scheme that is, overall, substantially similar to the APPs; and
- the law or binding scheme can be enforced; or
- the disclosure is required or authorised by an Australian law or court / tribunal order.
How do we protect your personal information?
The Art of Service Pty Ltd will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that we hold about you is kept confidential and secure, including by:
- having a robust physical security of our premises and databases / records;
- taking measures to restrict access to only personnel who need that personal information to effectively provide services to you;
- having technological measures in place (for example, anti-virus software, fire walls);
Our website uses Google Analytics to help us better understand visitor traffic, so we can improve our services. Although this data is mostly anonymous, it is possible that under certain circumstances, we may connect it to you.
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our services, opportunities, or events that we consider may be of interest to you if you have requested or consented to receive such communications. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Australian Spam Act 2003 (Cth). You consent to us sending you those direct marketing communications by any of those methods. If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so. However, if you do not provide personal information or withdraw such consent you may not be able to make purchases, enlist services or access certain offers or options that may be of benefit to you. At the time you provide your information, we will also offer you a choice as to whether or not you wish to receive further communications about special offers, product information, or other marketing messages. We may provide this information to our business partners and suppliers. If you choose not to receive these communications, we will not use your personally identifiable information for this purpose.
You may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us at any time by following the instructions to “unsubscribe'' set out in the relevant communication / contacting us using this website Contact Us Form or to the information below.
Retention of personal information
We will not keep your personal information for longer than we need to. In most cases, this means that we will only retain your personal information for the duration of your relationship with us unless we are required to retain your personal information to comply with applicable laws, for example record-keeping obligations.
How to access and correct your personal information
The Art of Service Pty Ltd will endeavour to keep your personal information accurate, complete, and up to date.
If you wish to make a request to access and / or correct the personal information we hold about you, you should make a request by contacting us and we will usually respond within Seven (7) days. We will deal with such a request by following the procedure outlined below:
- updating the relevant website and account information
- updating the CRM and other contact lists
- replying to the request to acknowledge the update has been completed
Links to third party sites
The Art of Service Pty Ltd website(s) may contain links to websites operated by third parties. If you access a third party website through our website(s), personal information may be collected by that third party website. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party provider or website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party provider or website. Third party providers / websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices and we encourage you to read their privacy policies.
The Art of Service does not knowingly collect information from children as defined by local law and does not target its websites and services to children. We encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests.
Inquiries and complaints
For complaints about how The Art of Service Pty Ltd handles, processes or manages your personal information, please contact email@example.com. Note we may require proof of your identity and full details of your request before we can process your complaint.
Please allow up to seven(7) days for The Art of Service Pty Ltd to respond to your complaint. It will not always be possible to resolve a complaint to everyone’s satisfaction. If you are not satisfied with The Art of Service’s response to a complaint, you have the right to contact the Office of Australian Information Commissioner (at www.oaic.gov.au/) to lodge a complaint.
How to contact us
If you have a question or concern in relation to our handling of your personal information or this Policy, you can contact us for assistance as follows:
+61 (0)7 3205 2596
Attention: Ivanka Menken C/o DLA Partners
The Art of Service Pty Ltd Privacy Officer
Address: 800 Zillmere Road, Aspley. QLD 4034