Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Software Factory Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Software Factory related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Software Factory specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Software Factory Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 999 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Software Factory improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 999 standard requirements:
- How does your organization make clear in its business relationships the importance it places on respect for human rights?
- What are the impacts on overall structure of the development and what the actions to be taken into consideration?
- What are some practical first steps that customers can take to gain the benefits of a software factory approach?
- Has your organization been named a best place to work or have your products received industry recognition?
- Does your current method for designing experiences lend itself to sharing control of experience design?
- What are the attributes of your organization case for adopting a product line approach to development?
- How is productivity positively impacted if the second programmer simply finds one extra bug per week?
- How much is security vulnerability testing embedded into your end to end software delivery processes?
- When software is malleable and continuously delivered, how do you provide foundations for decisions?
- Does your organization have any recent success histories about improving and changing the processes?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Software Factory book in PDF containing 999 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Software Factory self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Software Factory Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Software Factory areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Software Factory Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Software Factory projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Software Factory Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 Software Factory project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Risk Audit: What are the legal implications of not identifying a complete universe of business risks?
- Quality Management Plan: Are you meeting your customers expectations consistently?
- Probability and Impact Assessment: Sensitivity analysis -which risks will have the most impact on the Software Factory project?
- Team Performance Assessment: To what degree do the goals specify concrete team work products?
- Executing Process Group: Why is it important to determine activity sequencing on Software Factory projects?
- Quality Metrics: Subjective quality component: customer satisfaction, how do you measure it?
- Executing Process Group: Is the Software Factory project making progress in helping to achieve the set results?
- Procurement Management Plan: Is an industry recognized mechanized support tool(s) being used for Software Factory project scheduling & tracking?
- Procurement Audit: Were there no inconsistencies between the several tender documents?
- Probability and Impact Assessment: Is the customer technically sophisticated in the product area?
Step-by-step and complete Software Factory Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Software Factory project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Software Factory project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Software Factory project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Software Factory project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Software Factory project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Software Factory project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Software Factory project with this in-depth Software Factory Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Software Factory projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Software Factory and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Software Factory investments work better.
This Software Factory All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.