Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Software Project Estimation Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Software Project Estimation related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Software Project Estimation specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Software Project Estimation Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 992 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Software Project Estimation improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 992 standard requirements:
- Can the tools that engineers use to estimate performance curves for product features be applied to assist leaders in mapping relationships with work performance?
- Does knowing the number and types of objects comprising a system provide sufficient information to estimate the labor required to build it?
- Is the software functionality in the system specification consistent with the software sizing estimates and the resource loaded schedule?
- Do you require a cost estimate for changing host providers during the execution of the project, after the initial solution is deployed?
- Do contracting organizations have formal processes for the estimation of the resources involved in contracted software projects?
- What degree of effective communications have been established between the developer , purchaser , maintainer , arid end user?
- What can drive a new prospect to call us, rather than staying in safe haven with the current methods of cost estimating?
- Is it necessarily a bad thing that seemingly mechanical estimation processes are strongly affected by expert judgment?
- Will the software development project be assigned to a single contractor or will more than one contractor be involved?
- What is the estimated number of hardware assets in each mobile and portable asset types, and how many are encrypted?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Software Project Estimation book in PDF containing 992 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Software Project Estimation self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Software Project Estimation Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Software Project Estimation areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Software Project Estimation Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Software Project Estimation projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Software Project Estimation Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 Software Project Estimation project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Procurement Management Plan: Are written status reports provided on a designated frequent basis?
- Scope Management Plan: Quality standards - are controls in place to ensure that the work was not only completed and also completed to meet specific standards?
- Activity Duration Estimates: Are inspections completed to determine if the results comply with the requirements?
- WBS Dictionary: Identify and isolate causes of favorable and unfavorable cost and schedule variances?
- Human Resource Management Plan: Identify who is needed on the core Software Project Estimation project team to complete Software Project Estimation project deliverables and achieve its goals and objectives. What skills, knowledge and experiences are required?
- WBS Dictionary: Are Software Project Estimation projected overhead costs in each pool and the associated direct costs used as the basis for establishing interim rates for allocating overhead to contracts?
- Contractor Status Report: What was the budget or estimated cost for your organizations services?
- Project or Phase Close-Out: In preparing the Lessons Learned report, should it reflect a consensus viewpoint, or should the report reflect the different individual viewpoints?
- Lessons Learned: How clearly defined were the objectives for this Software Project Estimation project?
- Probability and Impact Assessment: What will be the impact or consequence if the risk occurs?
Step-by-step and complete Software Project Estimation Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Software Project Estimation project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Software Project Estimation project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Software Project Estimation project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Software Project Estimation project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Software Project Estimation project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Software Project Estimation project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Software Project Estimation project with this in-depth Software Project Estimation Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Software Project Estimation projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Software Project Estimation and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Software Project Estimation investments work better.
This Software Project Estimation All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.