Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Virtual Desktop Infrastructure related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Virtual Desktop Infrastructure specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 991 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Virtual Desktop Infrastructure improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 991 standard requirements:
- How are you supposed to integrate multiple heterogeneous computing environments, reduce power costs and still meet increasing demands to deploy mission-critical applications?
- How does your organization make the right choice for delivering applications in a mixed environment with VDI, standard Windows clients and a server-based computing platform?
- Does the application require a full Windows user profile to be loaded in order for it to be used effectively, or does it just need a few registry keys and its all set?
- Do you expect your use of desktop virtualization, application virtualization, and/or private/public cloud computing to increase your network bandwidth requirements?
- Can the system perform a full desktop restore, including managed and user-installed applications as well as user data and settings, or does it just restore files?
- Why is matching the right products and solutions consistently to the right types of users important to the success of your sales approach against the competitor?
- Which installation type should be selected to generate a View Connection Server instance with a View LDAP configuration that is copied from an existing instance?
- Does your organization use alternative application delivery methods, as VDI or application streaming, to field mission-critical applications to internal clients?
- Which action should an administrator take to prevent users from instantly being disconnected when using Remote Desktop Protocol to connect to a virtual machine?
- Which result, when verified by the administrator, show is that the change has been made and ensures that the virtual machines can successfully register?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Virtual Desktop Infrastructure book in PDF containing 991 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Virtual Desktop Infrastructure self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Virtual Desktop Infrastructure areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Virtual Desktop Infrastructure projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 Virtual Desktop Infrastructure project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Cost Management Plan: Is there an on-going process in place to monitor Virtual Desktop Infrastructure project risks?
- Lessons Learned: Who managed most of the communication within the Virtual Desktop Infrastructure project?
- WBS Dictionary: Are Virtual Desktop Infrastructure projected overhead costs in each pool and the associated direct costs used as the basis for establishing interim rates for allocating overhead to contracts?
- Source Selection Criteria: What should be considered when developing evaluation standards?
- Project Scope Statement: Is there a baseline plan against which to measure progress?
- WBS Dictionary: Does the contractors system provide for the determination of cost variances attributable to the excess usage of material?
- Stakeholder Management Plan: Is documentation created for communication with the suppliers and vendors?
- Source Selection Criteria: What documentation is necessary regarding electronic communications?
- Risk Audit: If applicable; are compilers and code generators available and suitable for the product to be built?
- Project Management Plan: Are there any scope changes proposed for a previously authorized Virtual Desktop Infrastructure project?
Step-by-step and complete Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Virtual Desktop Infrastructure project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Virtual Desktop Infrastructure project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Virtual Desktop Infrastructure project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Virtual Desktop Infrastructure project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Virtual Desktop Infrastructure project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Virtual Desktop Infrastructure project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Virtual Desktop Infrastructure project with this in-depth Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Virtual Desktop Infrastructure projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Virtual Desktop Infrastructure and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Virtual Desktop Infrastructure investments work better.
This Virtual Desktop Infrastructure All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.