Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical IEC 61508 Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any IEC 61508 related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated IEC 61508 specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the IEC 61508 Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 988 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which IEC 61508 improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 988 standard requirements:
- What are the risks of hacking via interfaces including telematics, cellular, and Bluetooth, and what are the potential consequences of cyber-attacks on functional safety, infrastructure and privacy?
- Are there hardware, software, watchdog algorithms, etc. requirements or criteria that would help differentiate algorithm designs that are more secure against cyber-attack?
- Should your organization pursue alternative approaches to categorize and prioritize potential electronic control system hazards and impacts to support new standards?
- Does the combination of a hidden functional failure and one additional failure of a system related or back-up function have an adverse effect on operating safety?
- Does the failure modes addressed include failure modes induced by timing deadlines, including real-time deadlines and timing requirements for interrupt services?
- Is there an active program to monitor and assess whether reliability parameters of the SIS are in accordance with the already stated assumed during the design?
- Is the architecture of the system in terms of its independence and fault tolerance documented and consistent with the safety requirements specification?
- Is there an active program to identify and prevent systematic errors, whether associated with equipment failure or human error in multiple applications?
- Does training produce tangible results in terms of productivity, cost savings, response time, safety, employee retention, and/or customer satisfaction?
- How is compliance/conformance with standards managed in practice in your organization, and what does the partner knows is available in the literature?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the IEC 61508 book in PDF containing 988 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your IEC 61508 self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the IEC 61508 Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which IEC 61508 areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough IEC 61508 Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage IEC 61508 projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step IEC 61508 Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 IEC 61508 project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Lessons Learned: What is the proportion of in-house and contractor personnel authorized for the IEC 61508 project?
- Scope Management Plan: Has appropriate allowance been made for the effect of the learning curve on all personnel joining the IEC 61508 project who do not have the required prior industry, functional & technical expertise?
- Lessons Learned: How actively and meaningfully were stakeholders involved in the IEC 61508 project?
- WBS Dictionary: Cwbs elements to be subcontracted, with identification of subcontractors?
- Decision Log: It becomes critical to track and periodically revisit both operational effectiveness; Are you noticing all that you need to, and are you interpreting what you see effectively?
- Procurement Audit: In case of decisions not to conclude a procurement or award a contract, were tenderers informed in writing and on a timely basis of the already stated decisions and grounds?
- Executing Process Group: What IEC 61508 projects and services are in the portfolio of your organization?
- Quality Metrics: Did the team meet the IEC 61508 project success criteria documented in the Quality Metrics Matrix?
- Scope Management Plan: What if you do not have more detailed information on the report?
- Quality Management Plan: How do senior leaders create an environment that encourages learning and innovation?
Step-by-step and complete IEC 61508 Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 IEC 61508 project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 IEC 61508 project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 IEC 61508 project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 IEC 61508 project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 IEC 61508 project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 IEC 61508 project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any IEC 61508 project with this in-depth IEC 61508 Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose IEC 61508 projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in IEC 61508 and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make IEC 61508 investments work better.
This IEC 61508 All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.