Develop new security features to prevent or mitigate attacks on perception systems, implement and promote new quality practices, collaborate with experts to implement perception algorithms using modern software engineering practices.
More Uses of the IEC 61508 Toolkit:
- Initiate: review software source code and code generation processes and models and build procedures for compliance with software safety qualification standards and requirements.
- Be certain that your organization interfaces with other organizations to communicate design specifications and address design and integration issues.
- Support engineering, product, and operations in implementing safety management systems to your standards.
- Contribute to the development of your organizations mission and committed to achieving it in a safe and respectful manner, in compliance with applicable standards and regulations.
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with other engineers, technical personnel, and management.
- Ensure you present; lead and contribute to the development of innovative solutions in the safety systems for existing and future particle accelerators.
- Perform at an advanced technical level on all phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities.
- Apply your skills to help teams with requirements traceability, architecture decomposition, and verification methodologies for safety.
- Devise: design and build new features, optimize the execution of algorithms and the flow of data, improve middleware and low level software robustness and functionality.
- Develop and direct test plans and certification procedures that demonstrate that systems satisfy requirements.
- Collaborate closely with systems, mechanical, and hardware verification engineers to optimize product performance.
- Develop and direct test plans and certification procedures that demonstrate systems satisfy requirements.
- Perform static code analysis and unit tests of Embedded Safety Device to comply with IEC Functional Safety and IEC 61508.
- Guide: design, develop and test functional tests using object oriented python in an automated test framework environment.
- Provide architectural and technical guidance to the engineers and managers in the team and ensure that the best engineering practices are followed.
- Develop engineering requirements and specifications, create and review procedures and user manuals.
- Ensure you engineer; find creative approaches to abstract diverse hardware and software environments into common semantics.
- Provide a framework to enable traceability between product requirements, functional specifications and test cases.
- Be accountable for participating in hardware/software integration activities across multiple component development teams.
- Contribute to the long term vision of the team and organization, working closely with other engineering leaders and product management.
- Ensure you consistently demonstrate extremely high levels of technical knowledge, ingenuity, and creativity.
- Develop and maintain a responsive and cooperative working relationship with internal and external customers.
- Perform component level, system level, and platform level integration and verification activities.
Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical IEC 61508 Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any IEC 61508 related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated IEC 61508 specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the IEC 61508 Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 996 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which IEC 61508 improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 996 standard requirements:
- Which relationship can be established between human and organizational factors and the achieved SIL in the operational phase of safety instrumented systems?
- Is there an active program to identify and prevent systematic errors, whether associated with equipment failure or human error in multiple applications?
- How is compliance/conformance with standards managed in practice in your organization, and what does the partner knows is available in the literature?
- What is the contribution of existing theories and models for human and organizational factors to the operational phase of safety instrumented systems?
- How to achieve an integrated control and safety solution with advanced functionality and productivity, without compromising safety and security?
- How to avoid the situation in which the whole control system would need to be developed according to the IEC 61508 or other safety standard?
- Are the mes concepts for the discrete parts manufacturing and for the process industry fundamental different, or prevail similarities?
- Does the demand rate during actual operation agree with the assumptions made during the risk assessment when the SIL was determined?
- What kind of indicators can be used for human and organizational factors in the operational phase of safety instrumented systems?
- Does the application program contain diagnostics for the detection, annunciation and management of faults?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the IEC 61508 book in PDF containing 996 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your IEC 61508 self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the IEC 61508 Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which IEC 61508 areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough IEC 61508 Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage IEC 61508 projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step IEC 61508 Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 IEC 61508 project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Responsibility Assignment Matrix: Not any rs, as, or cs: if an identified role is only informed, should others be eliminated from the matrix?
- Resource Breakdown Structure: What is each stakeholders desired outcome for the IEC 61508 project?
- Procurement Audit: Are services/tasks combined in such a way that the market is used where relevant?
- Lessons Learned: How effective were Best Practices & Lessons Learned from prior IEC 61508 projects utilized in this IEC 61508 project?
- Probability and Impact Assessment: Can this technology be absorbed with current level of expertise available in your organization?
- Formal Acceptance: What lessons were learned about your IEC 61508 project management methodology?
- Team Member Performance Assessment: To what degree do the goals specify concrete team work products?
- Risk Audit: Have risks been considered with an insurance broker or provider and suitable insurance cover been arranged?
- Team Directory: Process decisions: are all start-up, turn over and close out requirements of the contract satisfied?
- Cost Management Plan: Have all team members been part of identifying risks?
Step-by-step and complete IEC 61508 Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 IEC 61508 project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 IEC 61508 project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 IEC 61508 project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 IEC 61508 project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 IEC 61508 project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 IEC 61508 project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any IEC 61508 project with this in-depth IEC 61508 Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose IEC 61508 projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in IEC 61508 and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make IEC 61508 investments work better.
This IEC 61508 All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.