Integrated communications supports the Marketing Communications team by developing multi channel integrated communications strategies and tactics beyond traditional Media Channels to support broader integrated campaigns.
More Uses of the PaaS Toolkit:
- Manage work with the wider Client Success team to ensure the latest links to the demos are published on the Technology and Solutions Roadmap site.
- Identify: internally work with delivery team, sales, and other organizations to ensure adequate new account pursuit support and servicing, and review new client sales Deployment Strategies.
- Devise: design and implement a modern Data Architecture (warehouse, relational, NoSQL, data streaming, containers, microservices, iPaaS).
- Assure your operation strives to keep knowledge and expertise current with new releases, technology advances and analyzes potential opportunities and risks in adopting upcoming versions of technology.
- Guide: proactively engage with the direct and indirect Sales Teams to coordinate, communicate, and optimize the impact of marketing activities.
- Govern: act as a financial Business Partner for the cloud go to market organization and support your organization on its journey towards a SaaS/PaaS specific Business Model.
- Be certain that your design identifies and evaluates Industry Trends in application technologies, to serve as a source of information and advice for upper management.
- Be certain that your project evaluates the total Cost Of Ownership, run cost/Benefit Analysis and ROI, build Business Cases for various Technology Initiatives.
- Arrange that your organization complies; teams with other consulting and sales colleagues to develop a trusted advisor relationship with clients with the specific objective of achieving further penetration into accounts and attaining meaningful follow on sales.
- Orchestrate: act as a financial Business Partner for the Cloud Marketing organization and support your organization on its journey towards a SaaS/PaaS specific Business Model.
- Provide technical consulting and advice to portfolio Project Teams and customers on the design of data and Application Integration solutions for Enterprise Systems.
- Provide Technology Support related to delivering and modernizing Customer Environments using a variety of tools leveraging IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS offerings.
- Drive: data, analytics, and predictable forecasts are becoming ever more important to you as your organization reaches its next phase of maturity and reporting requirements.
- Ensure that the Application meets Quality Standards by designing Test Methods, driving Test Planning, monitoring test execution, and Issue Tracking.
- Provide support to the Data and Application Integration Team by developing and communicating middleware based Integration Architecture, strategies, guidelines, standards, and leading practices.
- Ensure your venture encourages, inspire, motivates, and leads Enterprise Sales Team to accomplish team revenue goals through proactive communication, and positive reinforcement.
- Drive the use of technology and data to create solutions to automate manual/time consuming tasks while maintaining high level of satisfaction with trading partners.
- Mitigate significant risks associated with large projects, which require New Processes and/or involve significant changes to existing processes.
- Ensure overall success of Marketing Technology implementations, focusing on the client relationship, financials, project delivery, resourcing, and overall program health.
- Oversee: work closely with Resource Management and customers to ensure the right resources are booked on the right projects at the right time.
- Ensure you consult; and interface with Internal Stakeholders to provide operational support for Order Processing, sales, and marketing, among other day to day Business Processes and one time Improvement Initiatives.
- Establish that your organization assesses the relative impact of Emerging Technology to align with IT Strategy and roadmap, collectively owned by the architectural team.
- Systematize: Azure cloud IaaS Services Azure cloud PaaS services Azure workplace Office 365 management Azure workplace identify management Azure workplace devices / endpoints management.
- Oversee: work closely with Technology Leaders, peer architects, Business Partners and other Technology Stakeholders to drivE Business strategy into highly scalable and cost effective platform and integration solutions.
- Collaborate and lead Solution Architecture review and technology design meetings with other architects web, Salesforce, etc.
- Be accountable for providing robust analytics, and Data Management for sales planning, productivity analysis, attainment, quotas, capacity, and staffing.
- Establish: effectively utilize Lead Generation team in marketing and other Sales Support resources at the appropriate time in the selling process.
- Evaluate Infrastructure As A Service (IaaS) and Platform As A Service (PaaS) vendor provided Cloud Services and document controls that manage the risk of usage.
- Drive competencies in the integration domain towards cloud based and iPaaS solutions to more sharply focus Enterprise Value delivered in the IT stack.
- Ensure you spearhead; understand and execute the IT Processes of Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, and Configuration Management.
Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical PaaS Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step Work Plans and maturity diagnostics for any PaaS related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated PaaS specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the PaaS Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a Data Driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 999 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of Process Design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which PaaS improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 999 standard requirements:
- Who, on the Executive Team or the board, has spoken to a customer recently?
- What do you stand for--and what are you against?
- Risk events: what are the things that could go wrong?
- What are the PaaS key cost drivers?
- How do you identify specific PaaS investment opportunities and emerging trends?
- Who will provide the final approval of PaaS deliverables?
- Which PaaS solution is appropriate?
- What is the funding source for this project?
- How are measurements made?
- How would you define PaaS leadership?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the PaaS book in PDF containing 994 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your PaaS self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the PaaS Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which PaaS areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough PaaS Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline Data Protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage PaaS projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step PaaS Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 PaaS project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Cost Management Plan: Eac -estimate at completion, what is the total job expected to cost?
- Activity Cost Estimates: In which phase of the Acquisition Process cycle does source qualifications reside?
- Project Scope Statement: Will all PaaS project issues be unconditionally tracked through the Issue Resolution process?
- Closing Process Group: Did the PaaS Project Team have enough people to execute the PaaS Project Plan?
- Source Selection Criteria: What are the guidelines regarding award without considerations?
- Scope Management Plan: Are Corrective Actions taken when actual results are substantially different from detailed PaaS Project Plan (variances)?
- Initiating Process Group: During which stage of Risk planning are risks prioritized based on probability and impact?
- Cost Management Plan: Is your organization certified as a supplier, wholesaler, regular dealer, or manufacturer of corresponding products/supplies?
- Procurement Audit: Was a formal review of tenders received undertaken?
- Activity Cost Estimates: What procedures are put in place regarding bidding and cost comparisons, if any?
Step-by-step and complete PaaS Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 PaaS project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 PaaS Project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 PaaS Project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 PaaS project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 PaaS project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 PaaS project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any PaaS project with this in-depth PaaS Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose PaaS projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based Best Practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in PaaS and put Process Design strategies into practice according to Best Practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make PaaS investments work better.
This PaaS All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.