Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical contactless card Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any contactless card related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated contactless card specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the contactless card Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which contactless card improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the standard requirements:
- Are high impact defects defined and identified in the stakeholder process?
- What should be measured?
- How can you negotiate contactless card successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
- Why improve in the first place?
- How will variation in the actual durations of each activity be dealt with to ensure that the expected contactless card results are met?
- Will any special training be provided for results interpretation?
- Does contactless card analysis show the relationships among important contactless card factors?
- How do you stay inspired?
- Do we have enough freaky customers in our portfolio pushing us to the limit day in and day out?
- How do you measure the Operational performance of your key work systems and processes, including productivity, cycle time, and other appropriate measures of process effectiveness, efficiency, and innovation?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the contactless card book in PDF containing requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your contactless card self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the contactless card Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which contactless card areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough contactless card Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage contactless card projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step contactless card Project Management Form Templates covering over 6000 contactless card project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Requirements Documentation: How does what is being described meet the business need?
- Duration Estimating Worksheet: Will the contactless card project collaborate with the local community and leverage resources?
- Stakeholder Management Plan: Is the assigned contactless card project manager a PMP (Certified contactless card project manager) and experienced?
- Probability and Impact Matrix: Do the requirements require the creation of new algorithms?
- Assumption and Constraint Log: Was the document/deliverable developed per the appropriate or required standards (for example, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers standards)?
- Procurement Audit: Is the purchasing department consulted on favorable purchasing opportunities, economic ordering quantities, and revision of purchasing specifications?
- Scope Management Plan: Are calculations and results of analyses essentially correct?
- Probability and Impact Matrix: How solid is the contactless card projection of competitive reaction?
- Executing Process Group: Why should contactless card project managers strive to make their jobs look easy?
- Scope Management Plan: Are issues raised, assessed, actioned, and resolved in a timely and efficient manner?
Step-by-step and complete contactless card Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 contactless card project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 contactless card project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 contactless card project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 contactless card project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 contactless card project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 contactless card project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any contactless card project with this in-depth contactless card Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose contactless card projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in contactless card and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make contactless card investments work better.
This contactless card All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.