Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Legacy Decommissioning Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Legacy Decommissioning related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Legacy Decommissioning specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Legacy Decommissioning Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 927 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Legacy Decommissioning improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 927 standard requirements:
- The process of conducting a data migration involves access to both the legacy source and the target source.æ The target source must be configured according to requirements.æ If youre using a contractor and provided that the contractor is under strict confidentiality, do you permit the contractor to house copies of your source data during the implementation?
- If the path forward waits until a new generation of devices essentially replaces an old generation of devices which could be somewhere between 5 and 15 years, what does the path forward look like for the legacy devices and their software maintenance?
- Hybrid clouds have unique security requirements that legacy security cannot meet. Since traditional security tools provide limited visibility into cloud infrastructure, how are you going to protect what you can not see?
- When you look for new applications to meet your business needs - requirements are defined, software is evaluated, software selected, software configuration begins. But what about the data, how is this managed?
- What incentives might your organization offer to manufacturers to make a business case to provide equipment and labor at no cost to your organization for each of the proof of concept validation sites?
- Some systems are outdated to the point where it looses its business value. In some cases the legacy system never gets a modernization. Why is this, and when is the correct time to modernize?
- Many organizations maintain their current legacy systems, believing in the old saying, If it is not broken, why fix it. Do you know where in your organization this thinking makes sense?
- Are you looking at the evolution of a large legacy system, bringing in turn many hidden assumptions regarding the architecture, or the creation of a new system with fewer constraints?
- Does the migration software support non-disruptive data migration (i.e. legacy application continues to operate during the migration) if this is a requirement of the migration?
- Are the migration costs associated with a migration to the cloud included in a new system/application investment, the legacy investment, or in a separate migration investment?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Legacy Decommissioning book in PDF containing 927 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Legacy Decommissioning self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Legacy Decommissioning Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Legacy Decommissioning areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Legacy Decommissioning Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Legacy Decommissioning projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Legacy Decommissioning Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 Legacy Decommissioning project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Source Selection Criteria: What aspects should the contracting officer brief the Legacy Decommissioning project on prior to evaluation of proposals?
- Activity Duration Estimates: How do you enter durations, link tasks, and view critical path information?
- Team Member Performance Assessment: To what degree will new and supplemental skills be introduced as the need is recognized?
- Risk Audit: What are the boundaries of the auditors responsibility for policing management fidelity?
- Change Request: Are there requirements attributes that can discriminate between high and low reliability?
- Network Diagram: How difficult will it be to do specific activities on this Legacy Decommissioning project?
- Probability and Impact Assessment: What are the risks involved in appointing external agencies to manage the Legacy Decommissioning project?
- Cost Estimating Worksheet: Does the Legacy Decommissioning project provide innovative ways for stakeholders to overcome obstacles or deliver better outcomes?
- Probability and Impact Matrix: Do the requirements require the creation of new algorithms?
- Cost Estimating Worksheet: Ask: are others positioned to know, are others credible, and will others cooperate?
Step-by-step and complete Legacy Decommissioning Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Legacy Decommissioning project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Legacy Decommissioning project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Legacy Decommissioning project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Legacy Decommissioning project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Legacy Decommissioning project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Legacy Decommissioning project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Legacy Decommissioning project with this in-depth Legacy Decommissioning Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Legacy Decommissioning projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Legacy Decommissioning and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Legacy Decommissioning investments work better.
This Legacy Decommissioning All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.