Warrant that your organization utilizes your organizations Core Banking System and other integrated products extensively, provides System Support to front line staff, testing new features and enhancements, and identifying / resolving a variety of system and software problems.
More Uses of the Core Banking System Toolkit:
- Warrant that your venture performs all audits in accordance with the Internal Audit program and professional audit and accounting standards.
- Troubleshoot reconciling items to source systems or Business Process and work with upstream business departments to mitigate errors.
- Ensure you cultivate; lead selected department projects; represent your organization on initiatives requiring Wires Department participation.
- Ensure you advance; lead Business Development apply your organizations products and services to identify and engage potential clients to create opportunities.
- Meet internal demand for supporting new Core Banking Systems and increasing functionality for existing integrations.
- Ensure your enterprise oversees the monitoring of IS systems, detecting and resolving problems or performance issues in a timely and efficient manner.
- Establish that your corporation maintains a high level of confidentiality relative to any information received directly or indirectly at all times.
- Assure your business maintains knowledge regarding the development of new programs and services for Internal Control and security considerations.
- Arrange that your organization oversees the design, development, implementation and ongoing maintenance of the Core Banking System in an efficient and secure IS environment.
- Establish that your strategy develops and maintains department operating procedures to identify gaps, achieve maximum efficiency and Reduce Costs.
- Contribute to the fulfillment of your organizations objectives and goals by performing as a team member in allocating and coordinating the workflow.
- Maintain expertise in current Technology Stacks and Best Practices to recommend changes that can have positive impact on the enterprise.
- Identify, assess, and implement Client Services Operations policies, procedures, processes, products, Work Processes, systems and services for Improvement Opportunities that align with Department Objectives.
- Ensure system maintenance of Core Banking platforms, ERP modules (fixed assets, projects, accounts payable, procurement) and proper integration to the general ledger for financial transactions.
- Secure that your organization provides Technical Support in analyzing system malfunctions, recommend Corrective Action, and facilitate changes if necessary.
- Confirm your business develops and maintain department budget, monitors expenditures to ensure budget is used to maximize efficiency of your organization.
- Secure that your organization oversees wire system upgrades/enhancements, Process Improvements, reports generation, Issue Resolution, Vendor Relations for various customer impacting systems, department procedures and guidelines.
- Maintain the confidentiality and security of organization and Customer Information and organization trade secrets.
- Audit: regularly identify complex application issues; utilize professional discretion and system knowledge to successfully resolve.
- Assure your business participates in Change Management by approving and scheduling changes made by staff and informing staff of all upcoming changes to systems.
- Intercede with the Branch management on behalf of the team regarding Performance Management issues/problems and to recommend solutions.
- Coordinate sales and product training activities with assigned retail organization branches, visiting the branches, participating in joint sales calls and Sales Meetings and other branch support activities.
- Formulate: work closely with Wire Transfer Operations Management to provide workflows and processes to develop automation and/or Process Improvements.
- Systematize: collaboration working with others in order to achieve goals, provide Customer Service and building a Team Environment.
- Manage: balance assigned cash daily and maintains strict adherence to security procedures and sole control of cash drawer and assigned cash limits.
- Confirm your corporation evaluates and responds timely to a wide variety of customer issues either through direct personal action or referral to the proper source.
- Obtain and route necessary information to support departments for extensive account research and/or adjustments.
- Oversee: review work done by branches and department to ensure compliance and adherence with organization policies and Regulatory Requirements.
- Control: accountability demonstrate responsibility for providing timely and accurate information, responses and decisions to internal and external members.
- Be certain that your planning analyzes and performs testing on policies, procedures, processes, records and data relating to the activity or function under Audit Review.
Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Core Banking System Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step Work Plans and maturity diagnostics for any Core Banking System related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Core Banking System specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Core Banking System Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a Data Driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 999 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of Process Design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Core Banking System improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 999 standard requirements:
- What are the Operational Costs after Core Banking System deployment?
- How do you define collaboration and team output?
- Is the Core Banking System solution sustainable?
- Do you effectively measure and reward individual and Team Performance?
- What training and qualifications will you need?
- How will you recognize and celebrate results?
- How will you know that the Core Banking System project has been successful?
- Who is responsible for errors?
- What are the costs of reform?
- Who has control over resources?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Core Banking System book in PDF containing 994 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Core Banking System self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Core Banking System Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Core Banking System areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Core Banking System Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline Data Protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Core Banking System projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Core Banking System Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 Core Banking System project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Cost Management Plan: Eac -estimate at completion, what is the total job expected to cost?
- Activity Cost Estimates: In which phase of the Acquisition Process cycle does source qualifications reside?
- Project Scope Statement: Will all Core Banking System project issues be unconditionally tracked through the Issue Resolution process?
- Closing Process Group: Did the Core Banking System Project Team have enough people to execute the Core Banking System Project Plan?
- Source Selection Criteria: What are the guidelines regarding award without considerations?
- Scope Management Plan: Are Corrective Actions taken when actual results are substantially different from detailed Core Banking System Project Plan (variances)?
- Initiating Process Group: During which stage of Risk planning are risks prioritized based on probability and impact?
- Cost Management Plan: Is your organization certified as a supplier, wholesaler, regular dealer, or manufacturer of corresponding products/supplies?
- Procurement Audit: Was a formal review of tenders received undertaken?
- Activity Cost Estimates: What procedures are put in place regarding bidding and cost comparisons, if any?
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Core Banking System Project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Core Banking System Project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Core Banking System project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Core Banking System project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Core Banking System project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Core Banking System projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based Best Practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Core Banking System and put Process Design strategies into practice according to Best Practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Core Banking System investments work better.
This Core Banking System All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.