Develop and maintain Data services to other application as standard mechanism to access data, improves Data Integration by designing and evaluating new data interchange formats; improving physical design; rewriting data policy, standards, and procedures.
- Govern: cash, Accounts Receivable, billing and collections (outsourced), investments, prepaid expenses, debt, fixed assets, leases and other general accounting areas.
- Collaborate with auditing services to ensure proper compliance with all regulations and an efficient year end Audit Process.
- Achieve utilization targets as outlined in the annual performance plan and support Project Managers in achieving on schedule and on budget objectives.
- Be accountable for being involved in a functional capacity to help with the design and implementation of Sales, Commercial, Marketing Customer Service solutions developed on Salesforce.
- Ensure organization accounting procedures and reported results conform to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Manage work with Visual Designers to understand the Graphic Design patterns, themes, and implement in a structured way in the product front end.
- Liaise with the Inventory Management to investigate and analyze variances, and the accuracy of stock adjustments from cycle counts and physical inventory counts.
- Lead: liaison with clients on an ongoing basis, to maintain and develop the business relationship, ensure satisfaction with services provided, and identify opportunities for further growth.
- Ensure consistency of existing accounting systems through creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures.
- Be accountable for managing assigned account base ensuring Customer Service/satisfaction expectations are met while achieving sales and profitability objectives.
- Control: work to maximize process efficiencies, ensure processes have effective Internal Controls and meet Business Needs on a timely basis.
- Provide leadership in the development for continuous evaluation of short and long term strategic financial objectives.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies, and regulatory action.
- Confirm your enterprise ensures that operational policies are followed and that Business Objectives are achieved by focusing on best practices and Process Improvements.
- Ensure you develop Test Cases covering functionality, negative test scenarios, user behaviors, non functional requirements load test/performance test.
- Systematize: design and implement data model by studying data sources by interviewing users; defining, analyzing, and Validating Data objects; identifying the relationship among data objects.
- Ensure you build; lead design and implementation of data model by studying data sources by working with Product Managers; defining, analyzing, and Validating Data objects; identifying the relationship among data objects.
- Make sure that your organization maintains quality service by enforcing quality and Customer Service standards, analyzing and resolving quality and Customer Service problems, and recommending system improvements.
- Be accountable for building and applying industry and functional knowledge to support efforts in selling opportunities to existing and new clients.
- Ensure you effectively handle direct communication with logistics partners and work closely with the Service coordination to facilitate non warranty quotes, orders, and replacements.
- Ensure you create; understand the Visual Designs, functional requirements and come up with the design/components needed to build the User Interface.
- Confirm your group supports the creation, update and preservation of timely and accurate records relating to purchase and receipt of goods, inventory levels, Production Planning schedules, costs of goods sold, and bills of materials.
- Organize data to monitor performance, timely deliverables, process and operations throughput, and plan improvements on a quarterly basis.
- Manage work with personnel to evaluate and account for variances and lead the Continuous Improvement process to lower processing costs and minimize variances to standard.
- Standardize: implement system to manage the Data Quality issues, Data Governance procedures and enable trustworthy data for consumption.
- Ensure you arrange; engaged in all aspects of financial administration as budget and forecasts preparation and monitoring, maintenance of financial records, financial and operational reporting, general accounting, property accounting, internal auditing and Cost Accounting.
- Drive: design, organize and maintain Visual Design systems and ensure consistent brand look across all customer touch points.
- Develop and manage Data services for provisioning data, improves Data Integration by designing and evaluating new data interchange formats; improving physical design; rewriting data policy, standards, and procedures.
- Lead sessions with customers and other team members to understand Business Requirements and Business Processes Analysis.
- Identify: work closely with purchase/warehouse / maintenance/finance/it team to develop spare parts lifecycle processes and platform.
Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical SAP Business One Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step Work Plans and maturity diagnostics for any SAP Business One related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated SAP Business One specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the SAP Business One Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a Data Driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 999 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of Process Design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which SAP Business One improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 999 standard requirements:
- What drives O&M cost?
- How do you decide how much to remunerate an employee?
- Are missed SAP Business One opportunities costing your organization money?
- Where do you need to exercise leadership?
- Is the SAP Business One documentation thorough?
- Have specific policy objectives been defined?
- How is the SAP Business One Value Stream Mapping managed?
- What is the total fixed cost?
- How likely is it that a customer would recommend your company to a friend or colleague?
- Which of the recognised risks out of all risks can be most likely transferred?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the SAP Business One book in PDF containing 994 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your SAP Business One self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the SAP Business One Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which SAP Business One areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough SAP Business One Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline Data Protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage SAP Business One projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step SAP Business One Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 SAP Business One project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Cost Management Plan: Eac -estimate at completion, what is the total job expected to cost?
- Activity Cost Estimates: In which phase of the Acquisition Process cycle does source qualifications reside?
- Project Scope Statement: Will all SAP Business One project issues be unconditionally tracked through the Issue Resolution process?
- Closing Process Group: Did the SAP Business One Project Team have enough people to execute the SAP Business One project plan?
- Source Selection Criteria: What are the guidelines regarding award without considerations?
- Scope Management Plan: Are Corrective Actions taken when actual results are substantially different from detailed SAP Business One project plan (variances)?
- Initiating Process Group: During which stage of Risk planning are risks prioritized based on probability and impact?
- Cost Management Plan: Is your organization certified as a supplier, wholesaler, regular dealer, or manufacturer of corresponding products/supplies?
- Procurement Audit: Was a formal review of tenders received undertaken?
- Activity Cost Estimates: What procedures are put in place regarding bidding and cost comparisons, if any?
Step-by-step and complete SAP Business One Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 SAP Business One project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 SAP Business One Project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 SAP Business One project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 SAP Business One project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 SAP Business One project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 SAP Business One project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any SAP Business One project with this in-depth SAP Business One Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose SAP Business One projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in SAP Business One and put Process Design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make SAP Business One investments work better.
This SAP Business One All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.