Understand and implement IP networking, storage systems, server operating systems, client operating systems, Network Management tools and schemas, wireless and wireline connectivity, and security/intrusion software/hardware.
More Uses of the Backup and Recovery Toolkit:
- Confirm your organization maintains network performance by performing Network Monitoring and analysis, and Performance Tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
- Integrate Database Management systems to operating systems, business applications, monitoring agents, risk mitigation agents, backup/recovery agents, network devices and storage devices.
- Maintain and execute the backup and recovery procedures for the Server, Storage, and Virtualization infrastructure; lead Business Continuity activities and exercises.
- Be certain that your organization stays up to date with technological developments in Systems Administration technology and recommends ways for organization to take advantage of new technology.
- Perform evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of IT controls relating to compliance, Change Management, Information security, system backup and recovery, Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery.
- Identify: actively work to develop and maintain expertise on relevant technology products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the backup and storage industries.
- Manage work with Application Developers and Systems Engineers to troubleshoot and optimize queries, and performance bottlenecks for current and future implementations.
- Integrate Web Services to operating systems, Application Software, Database Management systems, business applications, monitor agents, risk mitigation agents, backup/recovery agents, network devices and storage devices.
- Guide: day to day operational tasks as proactive maintenance, management, monitoring performance, incident and Problem Management, security, and backup and recovery across the Network Infrastructure.
- Integrate Application Software to operating systems, Database Management, business applications, monitoring agents, risk mitigation agents, backup/recovery agents, network devices and storage devices.
- Ensure you standardize; recommend and implement process and tool improvements to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of your organizations Change Management and Configuration Management Processes And Systems.
- Provide solutions design and implementation services for backup and recovery, high availability storage architecture, and data replication for Disaster Recovery.
- Oversee: confidential information is provided to you as is and your organization makes no warranties with respect to the confidential information or any materials provided by your organization.
- Oversee database planning, configuration, installation, data conversion, database migration, Performance Tuning, Capacity Planning, database migrations to cloud backup and recovery.
- Confirm your organization enforces Policies and Procedures for maintaining the security and integrity of the database and ensures the database meets availability and disaster recover requirements.
- Develop and maintain your organizations relational Database Systems; develop database backup and recovery plans; manage the database structure; perform configuration control.
- Maintain configuration processes for equipment hardware and software Version Management, product system build, backup and recovery, archiving, and Change Management.
- Be accountable for developing Standard Operating Procedures (sop) for compute infrastructure, storage area network (san) hardware/software and related enterprise backup and recovery infrastructure.
- Ensure your organization maintains and executes the backup and recovery procedures for the server, storage, networking, and virtualization infrastructure; participates in Business Continuity activities and exercises.
- Help lead roadmap planning for assigned business segments through project intake, prioritization, and impact analysis for business stakeholders and business technology team.
- Ensure all software, hardware and other IT tools are at the appropriate level of upgrade to be effectively deployed in order to support efficient organization associate activities.
- Perform Capacity Planning, database tuning and optimization, system Resource Planning and allocation, and implementation of backup and recovery strategies.
- Ensure you officiate; aid in the design, implementation, and support of enterprise backup storage solutions and configuring of hardware and software as it relates to the backup infrastructure in a highly virtualized environment.
- Evaluate: schema creation, database installs, and Database Administration, optimizes database functions, implements file retention and security measures, and backup and recovery procedures.
- Ensure your organization work closely with clients across multiple industries to bring specialized knowledge, invaluable skills, and certified professionals to address the critical technology and Business Process needs.
Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Backup and Recovery Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step Work Plans and maturity diagnostics for any Backup and Recovery related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Backup and Recovery specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Backup and Recovery Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a Data Driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 933 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of Process Design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Backup and Recovery improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 933 standard requirements:
- Have a good backup strategy. While reliable backups are essential, the ability to recover files on demand is equally important. Are you prepared to restore any part of your system right now?
- Processing time availability; assuming that other clients are also using the same recovery site, how much processing time is the organization entitled to on a particular computer system?
- Are physical Disaster Recovery precautions in place (e.g., does the vendor have multiple sites, does each site have backup power, and does each site have redundant network connections)?
- Does your organization require its own data backup strategy to ensure that it can recover from a service outage, the service provider going out of business or withdrawing the service?
- Have policies been developed and promulgated related to alterations in the portal purpose, goals, objectives, deployment, usership, operation, access, evaluation, backup and recovery?
- Does the unit ensure that backups are made regularly of the affected electronic records so that reasonably up-to-date copies can be retrieved quickly to support a restored system?
- Has your organization implemented an Incident Handling capability for Security Incidents to include preparation, detection, and analysis, containment, eradication, and recovery?
- Do you ensure that backups are made regularly of the affected electronic records so that reasonably up-to-date copies can be retrieved quickly to support a restored system?
- Are there any improvements you can make to your record-keeping system, as keeping backups of your financial system offsite, or considered using cloud based services?
- Have employees received cross training, and has the department defined back-up functions/roles that employees should perform if key personnel are not available?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Backup and Recovery book in PDF containing 933 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Backup and Recovery self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Backup and Recovery Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Backup and Recovery areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Backup and Recovery Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline Data Protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Backup and Recovery projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Backup and Recovery Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 Backup and Recovery project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Source Selection Criteria: Is a letter of commitment from each proposed team member and key subcontractor included?
- Monitoring and Controlling Process Group: Contingency Planning. if a risk event occurs, what will you do?
- Cost Management Plan: Vac -variance at completion, how much over/under budget do you expect to be?
- Risk Data Sheet: What do people affected think about the need for, and practicality of preventive measures?
- Issue Log: In your work, how much time is spent on stakeholder identification?
- Scope Management Plan: Would the Backup and Recovery project cost sharing involve reimbursement to the sponsor?
- Activity Duration Estimates: Do scope statements include the Backup and Recovery project objectives and expected deliverables?
- Lessons Learned: Are there any data that you have overlooked in identifying lessons?
- Scope Management Plan: Is an industry recognized mechanized support tool(s) being used for Backup and Recovery project scheduling & tracking?
- Risk Audit: Does the Backup and Recovery project team have experience with the technology to be implemented?
Step-by-step and complete Backup and Recovery Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Backup and Recovery project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Backup and Recovery Project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Backup and Recovery project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Backup and Recovery project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Backup and Recovery project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Backup and Recovery project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Backup and Recovery project with this in-depth Backup and Recovery Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Backup and Recovery projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Backup and Recovery and put Process Design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Backup and Recovery investments work better.
This Backup and Recovery All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.