Own and elevate the Hard Goods assortment and pricing strategy through market expertise, assortment planning and identifying gaps and opportunities for internal and external development to optimize top line growth, profitability, and brand progression.
More Uses of the Category Management Toolkit:
- Manage work with the team to maximize efficiency efforts regarding pricing accuracy, returned cases, sales maximization, replenishment efficiency and void closure.
- Confirm your corporation complies; partners with the Directors of Sales and the Account Managers to develop category review to unlock joint Business Planning and category assortment opportunities for profitable growth.
- Initiate: risk profile ensure purchasing and contracts teams are developing a supply base that identifies Business Continuity and performance risks and develops appropriate mitigation actions.
- Make sure that your organization achieves brand plan, playbook principles, and market share objectives at the customer utilizing insights, market data, and Customer Data.
- Ensure you helm; lead process and coordinate internal space planning team efforts to develop cohesive sets that deliver against Strategic Objectives.
- Identify threats to category strategies and barriers to achieving performance objectives; recommending mitigating strategies and Corrective Action plans.
- Establish that your enterprise develops category expertise, Category Management expertise, and market contacts, working closely with suppliers and internal stakeholders in all aspects of sourcing.
- Make sure that your organization complies; sets meaningful category savings targets, and delivers savings results, by implementing procurement strategies based on TCO analysis and innovation.
- Be accountable for ensuring up to date Market Research and analysis is being completed to identify Business Opportunities and risks and ensure the realization of opportunities and Risk Mitigation through ownership of the commercial Category Management Process.
- Govern: capacity to solve problems through creative, innovative solutions and challenge traditional methods of accomplishing tasks and removing obstacles.
- Assure your organization integrates data from a variety of sources to develop impactful customer specific selling stories in support of key category business building initiatives.
- Support definition of target cost settings and provide all necessary activities to meet target costs while adhering to the Category Management strategies.
- Be accountable for developing sourcing strategies informed by Business Objectives for newly formed internal teams across multiple categories and industries.
- Assure your venture executes against clear objectives for the category and can articulate the category and segment vision for short and long term success.
- Develop as an industry and customer expert to assure you stay ahead of your competition and present your customers with the best assortment of products in the marketplace.
- Oversee daily operation of department and category functions and work closely with merchandising Management Team to achieve the goals of the category business plans.
- Evaluate: Customer Service Skills to interact courteously and productively and build relationships with business unit leaders, other internal customers, and vendors.
- Analyze product flow to the stores and between virtual warehouses, identify potential logistical issues and support Issue Resolutions.
- Lead: continuously review Business Processes and implement opportunities to automate and lean the delivery, increasing efficiency and throughput.
- Arrange that your planning engages proactively with Business Unit customers on Strategic Sourcing goals, category strategies, initiatives, and savings targets.
- Provide competitive merchandising solutions for retail formats by researching market conditions to determine potential sales of product or service and retail trends.
- Identify where there are opportunities to improve assortment based on availability of retail ready product and who suppliers are using to distribute product to retail.
- Use your category expertise, intellect, Emotional intelligence, and pro active Communication Skills to influence Key Stakeholders internally and externally to move category driving agendas forward.
- Ensure you accrue; lead the team to provide consistent communication of Demand Plans, Supply Plans, Risks and Opportunities and KPI Performance Tracking to stakeholder groups.
- Support the agenda and work of one or more commodity organizations, in coordination with the executive sponsors and technical leads to provide overall governance of sourcing strategies and Category Management.
- Be knowledgeable of office of management and budget initiatives on Category Management and methods to streamline organization Acquisition Processes while reducing administrative duplication and leveraging buying power.
- Ensure your venture represents the portfolio of products as a thought leader, communicating effectively with internal personnel and customers on all aspects of the portfolio.
- Steer: Data Analytics and Category Management drive customer and online category success through regular analysis of KPIs and comparison to monthly and quarterly targets.
- Be the expert on your Hard Goods consumer, understanding and advocating for needs and expectations throughout the customer journey.
- Establish that your planning complies; owns category organization process prepares and helps facilitate monthly meetings, moderating group to agree on insight to actions decision.
Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Category Management Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step Work Plans and maturity diagnostics for any Category Management related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Category Management specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Category Management Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a Data Driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 999 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of Process Design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Category Management improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 999 standard requirements:
- What types of data do your Category Management indicators require?
- What is out-of-scope initially?
- How are Category Management risks managed?
- How much does it cost?
- How do you verify the Category Management requirements quality?
- What are you attempting to measure/monitor?
- What should you measure to verify efficiency gains?
- Are you changing as fast as the world around you?
- Think about some of the processes you undertake within your organization, which do you own?
- Who will be using the results of the measurement activities?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Category Management book in PDF containing 994 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Category Management self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Category Management Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Category Management areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Category Management Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline Data Protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Category Management projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Category Management Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 Category Management project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Cost Management Plan: Eac -estimate at completion, what is the total job expected to cost?
- Activity Cost Estimates: In which phase of the Acquisition Process cycle does source qualifications reside?
- Project Scope Statement: Will all Category Management project issues be unconditionally tracked through the Issue Resolution process?
- Closing Process Group: Did the Category Management Project Team have enough people to execute the Category Management Project Plan?
- Source Selection Criteria: What are the guidelines regarding award without considerations?
- Scope Management Plan: Are Corrective Actions taken when actual results are substantially different from detailed Category Management Project Plan (variances)?
- Initiating Process Group: During which stage of Risk planning are risks prioritized based on probability and impact?
- Cost Management Plan: Is your organization certified as a supplier, wholesaler, regular dealer, or manufacturer of corresponding products/supplies?
- Procurement Audit: Was a formal review of tenders received undertaken?
- Activity Cost Estimates: What procedures are put in place regarding bidding and cost comparisons, if any?
Step-by-step and complete Category Management Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Category Management project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Category Management Project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Category Management project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Category Management project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Category Management project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Category Management project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Category Management project with this in-depth Category Management Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Category Management projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based Best Practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Category Management and put Process Design strategies into practice according to Best Practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Category Management Investments work better.
This Category Management All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.