Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Chatbots Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Chatbots related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Chatbots specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Chatbots Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 991 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Chatbots improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 991 standard requirements:
- Are you investing in the right places from an automation and skills perspective, and providing a psychologically safe environment to ensure time, effort and resources are focused on value?
- What is a way of visualizing conversational data from a chatbot in virtual reality to make developers of chatbots understand and explore the conversational data?
- Is there anything in your technology stack, customer base, channels or regulatory compliance which might slow down or limit your success?
- What are the current use case expectations around which your organization will develop and tailor the chatbots and virtual assistants?
- How do you train practitioners in new innovative solutions and methods related to social media when the process is so fragmented?
- Where do you turn to cut through the hype and determine how to prioritize AI strategies and technologies for your business?
- How do you ensure a customer always can find and connect with the right person or department when a problem arises?
- What role does your internal audit function have with respect to intelligent automation within your organization?
- What are the top of mind considerations for deploying automation solutions as RPA, machine learning or chatbots?
- How do you feel about chatbots and AI assistance when working with a brand to research and purchase a product?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Chatbots book in PDF containing 991 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Chatbots self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Chatbots Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Chatbots areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Chatbots Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Chatbots projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Chatbots Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 Chatbots project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Scope Management Plan: Do you secure formal approval of changes and requirements from stakeholders?
- Human Resource Management Plan: Are internal Chatbots project status meetings held at reasonable intervals?
- Risk Audit: Do you have a realistic budget and do you present regular financial reports that identify how you are going against that budget?
- Quality Audit: How do you indicate the extent to which your personnel would be expected to contribute to the work effort?
- Planning Process Group: If a task is partitionable, is this a sufficient condition to reduce the Chatbots project duration?
- Scope Management Plan: Does the Chatbots project team have the skills necessary to successfully complete current Chatbots project(s) and support the application?
- Executing Process Group: What are the key components of the Chatbots project communications plan?
- Schedule Management Plan: Have stakeholder accountabilities & responsibilities been clearly defined?
- Project Performance Report: To what degree can team members vigorously define the teams purpose in considerations with others who are not part of the functioning team?
- Milestone List: Describe your organizations strengths and core competencies. What factors will make your organization succeed?
Step-by-step and complete Chatbots Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Chatbots project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Chatbots project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Chatbots project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Chatbots project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Chatbots project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Chatbots project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Chatbots project with this in-depth Chatbots Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Chatbots projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Chatbots and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Chatbots investments work better.
This Chatbots All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.