Lead and manage it Supply Chain team to deliver site operational objectives and provide outstanding Supply Chain Service Levels on quality and delivery whilst achieving lowest total cost of acquisition for direct material, indirect goods and services, and logistics.
More Uses of the Commodity Management Toolkit:
- Drive critical projects for the Sourcing, Engineering, New Product Development and Operations teams, ensuring objectives are met and communication channels are effective.
- Be accountable for balancing supply with demand and providing planning inputs to the production planners across all Manufacturing Operations to ensure appropriate raw material and supply stocking levels.
- Develop an improvement roadmap and execute the milestones that would consolidate, improve and standardize organization wide manufacturing related purchasing processes, tools, and controls.
- Confirm your strategy facilitates early supplier involvement in part design process to ensure lowest total cost parts that suppliers are capable of manufacturing in a consistent manner.
- Coordinate: track all purchase orders through reports, work matched exceptions, open commitments, receiving discrepancies, returns, supplier discrepancies, and problem reports/supplier Corrective Action responses.
- Initiate: work to continually improve your suppliers in terms of quality, pricing, availability / On Time Delivery, lead times, communication and long term planning.
- Confirm your strategy develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and Problem Solving with procurement, Commodity Management, and planning.
- Ensure you win; lead Project Management, strategic supply sourcing / Commodity Management, logistics, trade management, new Product Development, Materials Management, or supplier development.
- Utilize Strategic Sourcing process when appropriate to test pricing in the supply market and establish best cost contracts (Total Cost of Ownership).
- Ensure you orchestrate; lead Project Management, strategic supply sourcing, Commodity Management, logistics trade management, new Product Development, Materials Management, or supplier development.
- Head: partner with commodity managers to drive the initiative and Process Improvements to help the team to become more scalable by maximizing RPA (Robotic Process Automation).
- Negotiate and administer optimal terms with suppliers from cost, quality, schedule and supply continuity in support of unique program requirements.
- Ensure your business gathers inputs on prices of different materials and/or services from primary and secondary sources; identifies opportunities for outsourcing and Cost Reduction and all other related information important to developing a site supply strategy.
- Establish: management the procurement of designated categories to reduce Total Cost of Ownership for goods and services while ensuring uninterrupted supply.
- Manage and enhance supplier performance through the establishment and/or monitoring of KPIs/SLAs (contract content) and effective supplier and stake holder interaction.
- Assure your business complies; challenges Supply Chain norms to generate out of the box opportunities for Cost Savings and Supply Chain Optimization and implements as appropriate.
- Identify: actively manage contract manufacturers, share rolling forecasts, manage the right supply/safety stock levels to ensure quick turn around on changes.
- Be accountable for supporting technical leadership with equipment and program concepts that drive incremental revenue and cost mitigation in recycling and waste material management.
- Be accountable for supporting the Commodity Management team with maintaining supplier relationships, monitoring supplier performance, addressing supply issues, and developing new products and programs.
- Maintain a system to evaluate vendor quotations that utilizes appropriate negotiation and purchasing techniques to ensure quality, price, delivery, and service.
- Support the development, implementation and analysis of strategies for assigned projects and suppliers to achieve department objectives for quality, cost and supplier development.
- Guide: work cross functionally with Strategic Sourcing and Supplier Quality engineers to manage supplier relationships and implement on going measurement and Performance Improvement processes focusing on savings, quality, lead time and Inventory Management.
- Coordinate: work closely with internal teams to provide leadership for the Supply Chain and execution of new product introductions, working with and integrating the needs of operations, engineering, quality and Customer Service.
- Drive dedicated efforts to identify and implement significant Cost Reduction opportunities through Data Driven analysis, new supplier identification, and supplier negotiation/resourcing initiatives, amongst others.
- Initiate: actively lead new Product Development and manage the purchasing activities involved with initial phases of new product qualification and introduction.
- Confirm your enterprise complies; is an active member on cross functional commodity teams to implement commodity strategies with emphasis on value analysis, Process Improvement, and joint Productivity Improvements / Cost Reduction.
- Develop standards, processes, methodologies and stakeholder relationships to allow the group to be viewed as a center of excellence in Foster organization and serve as a leader on all aspects of Procurement.
- Support development and implementation of the sourcing strategies to achieve lowest total cost, improve Working Capital, achieve On Time Delivery, improve cycle time, and ensure early supplier involvement in Product Development.
- Methodize: overall responsibility for the Strategic Sourcing of materials to support procurement requirements through source selection, supplier relationships, Cost Reduction negotiation, delivery and quality performance.
Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Commodity Management Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step Work Plans and maturity diagnostics for any Commodity Management related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Commodity Management specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Commodity Management Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a Data Driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 999 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of Process Design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Commodity Management improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 999 standard requirements:
- How can the value of Commodity Management be defined?
- Will a response program recognize when a crisis occurs and provide some level of response?
- Are you relevant? Will you be relevant five years from now? Ten?
- What is the problem and/or vulnerability?
- How is Commodity Management project cost planned, managed, monitored?
- When a Commodity Management manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
- How will you recognize and celebrate results?
- What sources do you use to gather information for a Commodity Management study?
- Which costs should be taken into account?
- What does your signature ensure?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Commodity Management book in PDF containing 994 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Commodity Management self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Commodity Management Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Commodity Management areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Commodity Management Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline Data Protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Commodity Management projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Commodity Management Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 Commodity Management project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Cost Management Plan: Eac -estimate at completion, what is the total job expected to cost?
- Activity Cost Estimates: In which phase of the Acquisition Process cycle does source qualifications reside?
- Project Scope Statement: Will all Commodity Management project issues be unconditionally tracked through the Issue Resolution process?
- Closing Process Group: Did the Commodity Management project team have enough people to execute the Commodity Management project plan?
- Source Selection Criteria: What are the guidelines regarding award without considerations?
- Scope Management Plan: Are Corrective Actions taken when actual results are substantially different from detailed Commodity Management project plan (variances)?
- Initiating Process Group: During which stage of Risk planning are risks prioritized based on probability and impact?
- Cost Management Plan: Is your organization certified as a supplier, wholesaler, regular dealer, or manufacturer of corresponding products/supplies?
- Procurement Audit: Was a formal review of tenders received undertaken?
- Activity Cost Estimates: What procedures are put in place regarding bidding and cost comparisons, if any?
Step-by-step and complete Commodity Management Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Commodity Management project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Commodity Management Project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Commodity Management project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Commodity Management project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Commodity Management project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Commodity Management project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Commodity Management project with this in-depth Commodity Management Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Commodity Management projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Commodity Management and put Process Design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Commodity Management investments work better.
This Commodity Management All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.