Build rapport and set up Data Governance with business area leads to understand the business problems and analytical needs enterprise wide by engaging and establishing positive relationships with numerous internal and external stakeholders to support organizational goals.
More Uses of the Configuration Management Database Toolkit:
- Secure that your organization complies; plans and supports infrastructure changes, Patches And Upgrades ensuring minimal disruption of application availability inconvenience to your customers.
- Administer systems for tracking IT asset life cycles, managing inventory and maintaining information on software licenses and Service Level Agreements.
- Initiate: monitor and audit configuration changes to hardware and software to confirm that Configuration Management records and configuration items are complete, consistent, accurate, and ensure compliance with approved configuration baseline.
- Facilitate the negotiation of the scope of the Configuration Management process in collaboration with CMDB governing structures, process owners, and IT Business stakeholders.
- Develop workflows and use cases for Configuration Management, Change Management, and the Configuration Management Database of an operational enterprise system.
- Govern: review and contribute to existing governance policies and processes to ensure maintainability and integrity of the CMDB designs CMDB functional views.
- Formulate: architecture and ensures code is written to implement the Architecture And Design, that it meets standards in terms of Code Quality and efficiency.
- Perform Configuration Management activities relating to identification, control, and tracking of designated systems and/or equipment.
- Ensure you gain; lead needs and collection management activities to baseline, analyze, update, and maintain the IT technical baseline in support of interoperability, integration of IT Services/systems, and IT Governance.
- Be accountable for maintaining and reconciling databases containing information regarding licenses, warranties, and service agreements for your organizations hardware and software.
- Ensure you listen; Lead Research and Development initiatives and/or projects involving the implementation of new technologies.
- Manage work with other process owners to ensure an integrated approach to the design, implementation, and coordination of interfaces between Configuration Management and other Service Management processes.
- Be accountable for maintaining and reconciling databases containing information regarding licenses, warranties, and agreements for your organizations software.
- Formulate: conduct Risk Assessment and analysis of network architectures, and identify mitigations to minimize risk of outages on services.
- Make sure that your strategy demonstrates fundamental programming skills for the development, manipulation and/or implementation of source code for new and Existing Applications.
- Make sure that your design complies; addresses conflicts by focusing on the issues at hand to develop effective solutions when disputes or disagreements occur; helps others resolve conflicts by providing impartial mediation .
- Identify: work closely with the Configuration Control Board in defining and implementing procedures for releasing new products throughout the entire life cycle.
- Manage incidents and problems; confirm validity of issues and problems; seek known solutions related to more complex issues.
- Establish that your team complies; implements and enforces Policies and Procedures to manage client access methods based on Information Systems security standards.
- Provide best practice guidance for implementing and maintaining a scalable CMDB at the appropriate level of need to support the delivery and support of IT Services.
- Supervise: track and maintain copies of software licenses, warranties, maintenance agreements, and lease contracts and vendor contracts.
- Operate efficiently in an ever changing environment, driven by Continuous Growth through acquisition across remote locations.
- Facilitate and conduct internal software audits to identify variances between deployed and licensed software; ensure deployed software aligns with the quantity and licensing models purchased; rectify variances between deployed and licensed software.
- Be certain that your organization complies; owns the process by which relationships are created and updated in the CMDB, as key IT and business services and applications to servers and databases.
- Enter all software and hardware serial numbers or identification tags into CMDB and ensure information is up to date, accurate, and auditable.
- Be accountable for tracking and reporting on Hardware and Software End of Sale/Life/Support for technology infrastructure (Buy, Sell, Hold, Divest).
- Ensure hardware and software end of sale, life and support information for the enterprise infrastructure organization (buy, sell, hold, divest) is updated in Asset Management tools.
- Create, implement and maintain plans, Policies And Standards related to IT process and Configuration Management Database governance.
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Explore opportunities for maximizing or exploiting unused or partially used IT assets to achieve full efficiency and ROI from organization resources.
Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Configuration Management Database Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step Work Plans and maturity diagnostics for any Configuration Management Database related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Configuration Management Database specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Configuration Management Database Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a Data Driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 999 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of Process Design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Configuration Management Database improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 999 standard requirements:
- What information is critical to your organization that your executives are ignoring?
- Where is the cost?
- What are the tasks and definitions?
- Who manages supplier Risk Management in your organization?
- How frequently do you verify your Configuration Management Database strategy?
- What are the usability implications of Configuration Management Database actions?
- What are internal and external Configuration Management Database relations?
- Risk events: what are the things that could go wrong?
- What are the Configuration Management Database investment costs?
- What are your needs in relation to Configuration Management Database skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Configuration Management Database book in PDF containing 994 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Configuration Management Database self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Configuration Management Database Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Configuration Management Database areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Configuration Management Database Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline Data Protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Configuration Management Database projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Configuration Management Database Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 Configuration Management Database project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Cost Management Plan: Eac -estimate at completion, what is the total job expected to cost?
- Activity Cost Estimates: In which phase of the Acquisition Process cycle does source qualifications reside?
- Project Scope Statement: Will all Configuration Management Database project issues be unconditionally tracked through the Issue Resolution process?
- Closing Process Group: Did the Configuration Management Database project team have enough people to execute the Configuration Management Database project plan?
- Source Selection Criteria: What are the guidelines regarding award without considerations?
- Scope Management Plan: Are Corrective Actions taken when actual results are substantially different from detailed Configuration Management Database project plan (variances)?
- Initiating Process Group: During which stage of Risk planning are risks prioritized based on probability and impact?
- Cost Management Plan: Is your organization certified as a supplier, wholesaler, regular dealer, or manufacturer of corresponding products/supplies?
- Procurement Audit: Was a formal review of tenders received undertaken?
- Activity Cost Estimates: What procedures are put in place regarding bidding and cost comparisons, if any?
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Configuration Management Database project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Configuration Management Database Project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Configuration Management Database project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Configuration Management Database project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Configuration Management Database project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Configuration Management Database project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Configuration Management Database projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Configuration Management Database and put Process Design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Configuration Management Database investments work better.
This Configuration Management Database All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.