Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Data Lineage Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Data Lineage related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Data Lineage specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Data Lineage Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 991 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Data Lineage improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 991 standard requirements:
- Which technology and human resource issues keep CFOs from creating the agile, transparent IT systems that would increase operational efficiency in the finance department?
- Which tool would you recommend to obtain a clear roadmap of the tasks required to deal with quality issues of data stored in your source databases?
- How do you know where the data is coming from and whether it has met the quality threshold and security compliance requirements?
- What are the steps required in Information Analyzer before you can investigate the output generated by running a data rule?
- Are there certain Labor Unions that are responsible for specific areas of your organizations IT infrastructure?
- How well does senior management within your organization understand the need to manage algorithmic risks?
- Who do you plan to rely on for quality control/to get organization boards and regulators over the line?
- What if you stopped arguing over which analytics software is best, and decided instead to use them all?
- Who do you plan to rely on for quality control/to get organization boards and regulator over the line?
- Are the correct data elements being used in the calculations performed within the programs algorithms?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Data Lineage book in PDF containing 991 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Data Lineage self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Data Lineage Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Data Lineage areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Data Lineage Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Data Lineage projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Data Lineage Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 Data Lineage project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Quality Management Plan: Have Data Lineage project management standards and procedures been established and documented?
- Project Performance Report: To what degree do team members feel that the purpose of the team is important, if not exciting?
- Requirements Management Plan: Is it new or replacing an existing business system or process?
- Project Schedule: Was the Data Lineage project schedule reviewed by all stakeholders and formally accepted?
- Probability and Impact Assessment: Are staff committed for the duration of the Data Lineage project?
- Quality Audit: Quality is about improvement and accountability. The immediate questions that arise out of that statement are: (i) improvement on what, and (ii) accountable to whom?
- Cost Baseline: Has the Data Lineage projected annual cost to operate and maintain the product(s) or service(s) been approved and funded?
- Procurement Audit: Are there systems for recording and managing stocks (where part of contract)?
- Quality Audit: Does the audit organization have experience in performing the required work for entities of your type and size?
- Planning Process Group: Is the pace of implementing the products of the program ensuring the completeness of the results of the Data Lineage project?
Step-by-step and complete Data Lineage Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Data Lineage project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Data Lineage project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Data Lineage project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Data Lineage project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Data Lineage project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Data Lineage project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Data Lineage project with this in-depth Data Lineage Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Data Lineage projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Data Lineage and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Data Lineage investments work better.
This Data Lineage All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.