Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical DevOps Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any DevOps related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated DevOps specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the DevOps Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 996 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which DevOps improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 996 standard requirements:
- Is there a specific group or team within your organization that is responsible for agile IT processes, whereby IT operations and developers work together - or as it is most commonly known, DevOps?
- How do you securely deploy the credentials in an automated manner across the fleet of web server instances, which can number in the hundreds, while retaining the ability to roll back if needed?
- How has your development organizations adoption of formal DevOps principles and practices impacted the software development teams workload in tangible or measurable ways?
- Does your organization struggle with increased demands for shorter release cycles, with business managers expecting weekly, daily or even hourly releases and updates?
- What is the relationship of that type of DevOps and infrastructure as code part with what could happen with more dynamically programmable network infrastructure?
- Have you supported Managed Security services in distributed environments - both physical and virtual including on premise and off premise implementations?
- What are the implications for large enterprises and how would you address the fear that a self service approach might lead to lack of necessary control?
- How effectively does your organizations IT organization collaborate with mission, business and operations stakeholders to pursue or execute activities?
- How should a DevOps Engineer help the teams audit costs and automate infrastructure cost optimization across multiple shared environments and accounts?
- How do you see the evolution of DevOps and in particular its expansion from Web-based agile companies to legacy-based process-oriented organizations?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the DevOps book in PDF containing 996 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your DevOps self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the DevOps Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which DevOps areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough DevOps Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage DevOps projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step DevOps Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 DevOps project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Requirements Traceability Matrix: How will it affect the stakeholders personally in career?
- Requirements Documentation: How does the proposed DevOps project contribute to the overall objectives of your organization?
- Source Selection Criteria: Are types/quantities of material, facilities appropriate?
- Scope Management Plan: Are you meeting with stake holders and team members?
- Cost Baseline: Have all approved changes to the DevOps project requirement been identified and impact on the performance, cost, and schedule baselines documented?
- Cost Baseline: How difficult will it be to do specific tasks on the DevOps project?
- Initiating Process Group: How well did the chosen processes fit the needs of the DevOps project?
- Assumption and Constraint Log: Do documented requirements exist for all critical components and areas, including technical, business, interfaces, performance, security and conversion requirements?
- Scope Management Plan: Are there any windfall benefits that would accrue to the DevOps project sponsor or other parties?
- Quality Audit: How does your organization know that its support services planning and management systems are appropriately effective and constructive?
Step-by-step and complete DevOps Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 DevOps project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 DevOps project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 DevOps project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 DevOps project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 DevOps project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 DevOps project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any DevOps project with this in-depth DevOps Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose DevOps projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in DevOps and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make DevOps investments work better.
This DevOps All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.