Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Digital Experience Platforms Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Digital Experience Platforms related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Digital Experience Platforms specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Digital Experience Platforms Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 994 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Digital Experience Platforms improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 994 standard requirements:
- How can the generation of insights from different types of sources, traditional and nontraditional, qualitative and quantitative, be valuable when creating digital experiences?
- How do you create a frictionless, personalized, and value-packed digital experience across devices and channels while respecting the privacy and security of your customers?
- How do you harness the transformative power of digital technology to provide customer-centric digital experiences that drive value for your clients and your brands?
- How can digital goods and services providers stifle fraud, provide quick and seamless payment experiences, comply with new regulations and grow into new markets?
- Do you have the right eCommerce functionality and platform capabilities to provide consumers in your target market with a rich, customized customer experience?
- Does your digital experience factor in contextual data for the individual user and preferences that enable you to deliver personalized experience in real time?
- Does your solution provide robust work flow capabilities that streamline the publishing process and ensure your organizations approval processes are followed?
- Is it developing new and improving existing products because your organization is a well-known manufacturer of a specific good with a lot of market power?
- How will providers reduce costs and improve the consumer experience with shifting channel preferences and rising expectations for digital experiences?
- How are you storing, managing, and distributing all your hard-working digital assets to ensure consistency and security for your business and brand?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Digital Experience Platforms book in PDF containing 994 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Digital Experience Platforms self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Digital Experience Platforms Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Digital Experience Platforms areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Digital Experience Platforms Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Digital Experience Platforms projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Digital Experience Platforms Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 Digital Experience Platforms project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Stakeholder Analysis Matrix: How to measure the achievement of the Development Objective?
- Human Resource Management Plan: Is pert / critical path or equivalent methodology being used?
- Change Management Plan: What processes are in place to manage knowledge about the Digital Experience Platforms project?
- Stakeholder Management Plan: Were Digital Experience Platforms project team members involved in the development of activity & task decomposition?
- Cost Baseline: Have the lessons learned been filed with the Digital Experience Platforms project Management Office?
- Cost Management Plan: Contingency Ð how will cost contingency be administered?
- Human Resource Management Plan: List the assumptions made to date. What did you have to assume to be true to complete the charter?
- Executing Process Group: Will additional funds be needed for hardware or software?
- Responsibility Assignment Matrix: Is accountability placed at the lowest-possible level within the Digital Experience Platforms project so that decisions can be made at that level?
- Scope Management Plan: Organizational policies that might affect the availability of resources?
Step-by-step and complete Digital Experience Platforms Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Digital Experience Platforms project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Digital Experience Platforms project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Digital Experience Platforms project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Digital Experience Platforms project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Digital Experience Platforms project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Digital Experience Platforms project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Digital Experience Platforms project with this in-depth Digital Experience Platforms Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Digital Experience Platforms projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Digital Experience Platforms and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Digital Experience Platforms investments work better.
This Digital Experience Platforms All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.