Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Digital Payment Advisor Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Digital Payment Advisor related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Digital Payment Advisor specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Digital Payment Advisor Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 992 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Digital Payment Advisor improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 992 standard requirements:
- How do you best align your products, services and internal processes, including digital capabilities, to support advisors in the practice models most important to your market ambitions?
- When you look to the future of wealth management, what are the areas receiving less focus from media/industry that may generate substantial opportunities going forward?
- Which investments in talent, technology and managerial capability are necessary to be more adaptive to new platforms and business models adopted by advisory firms?
- What is your sourcing and partner approach with Payment Service Providers, non-card payment networks, new entrants and others in the emerging digital ecosystem?
- What should be your approach if the opportunities presented by the growth and spread of digital technologies give rise to new consumer protection risks?
- What synergies exist between longer investments in safety nets, payment delivery systems and financial inclusion with short-term emergency responses?
- Is it really possible to know which wireless payments scenarios will offer true business value and which are simply high-tech red herrings?
- Are the savings that departments are realizing coming from efficiency, or are administrative costs merely being shifted to the cardholder?
- How should interactive advisory services be structured, funded, trained and networked to move to a more interactive innovation model?
- How does your organization ensure it pays attention to all of the issues surrounding the adoption of digital technologies?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Digital Payment Advisor book in PDF containing 992 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Digital Payment Advisor self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Digital Payment Advisor Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Digital Payment Advisor areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Digital Payment Advisor Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Digital Payment Advisor projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Digital Payment Advisor Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 Digital Payment Advisor project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Work Breakdown Structure: How will you and your Digital Payment Advisor project team define the Digital Payment Advisor projects scope and work breakdown structure?
- Responsibility Assignment Matrix: Is cost and schedule performance measurement done in a consistent, systematic manner?
- Lessons Learned: How timely was the training you received in preparation for the use of the product/service?
- Cost Management Plan: Does all Digital Payment Advisor project documentation reside in a common repository for easy access?
- Schedule Management Plan: What is the difference between % Complete and % work?
- Risk Audit: Are procedures developed to respond to foreseeable emergencies and communicated to all involved?
- Risk Management Plan: Litigation ÃÂÃÂ what is the probability that lawsuits will cause problems or delays in the Digital Payment Advisor project?
- Network Diagram: What must be completed before an activity can be started?
- Network Diagram: Will crashing x weeks return more in benefits than it costs?
- Change Log: Does the suggested change request represent a desired enhancement to the products functionality?
Step-by-step and complete Digital Payment Advisor Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Digital Payment Advisor project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Digital Payment Advisor project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Digital Payment Advisor project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Digital Payment Advisor project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Digital Payment Advisor project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Digital Payment Advisor project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Digital Payment Advisor project with this in-depth Digital Payment Advisor Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Digital Payment Advisor projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Digital Payment Advisor and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Digital Payment Advisor investments work better.
This Digital Payment Advisor All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.