Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical IBM mainframe Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any IBM mainframe related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated IBM mainframe specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the IBM mainframe Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 996 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which IBM mainframe improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 996 standard requirements:
- How does a virtual machine monitor on commodity PCs compare to a virtual machine monitor on a mainframe specifically designed to support virtualization?
- What is being done about that smaller and critical group of systems programmers whose loss would be felt throughout the entire mainframe enterprise?
- What hardware environments are currently supported and what is the vendors policy regarding conversion to another manufacturers mainframe?
- Can your dev teams leverage mainframe applications and resources to empower mobile and web development, integration or modernization?
- How does applying data governance to your mainframe platform result in a better understanding of business and technical concepts?
- When is the deadline to purchase an eligible, selected IBM product against which the promotional rebate dollars may be applied?
- How do you ensure that the new application maintains functional equivalence and operational characteristics of the original?
- Why sell thousands of servers at ten cents an hour when you can sell a single mainframe for a few hundred thousand?
- What procurement methods were used to obtain IBM compatible mainframe computers and mainframe peripheral equipment?
- What are the disadvantages of having separate authentication systems for mainframe and non mainframe applications?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the IBM mainframe book in PDF containing 996 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your IBM mainframe self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the IBM mainframe Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which IBM mainframe areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough IBM mainframe Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage IBM mainframe projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step IBM mainframe Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 IBM mainframe project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Cost Management Plan: Exclusions â is there scope to be performed or provided by others?
- Project Scope Statement: Any new risks introduced or old risks impacted. Are there issues that could affect the existing requirements for the result, service, or product if the scope changes?
- Network Diagram: Will crashing x weeks return more in benefits than it costs?
- Stakeholder Management Plan: Do IBM mainframe project managers participating in the IBM mainframe project know the IBM mainframe projects true status first hand?
- Source Selection Criteria: When is it appropriate to issue a Draft Request for Proposal (DRFP)?
- Planning Process Group: You are creating your WBS and find that you keep decomposing tasks into smaller and smaller units. How can you tell when you are done?
- Lessons Learned: What regulatory regime controlled how your organization head and program manager directed your organization and IBM mainframe project?
- Probability and Impact Assessment: What should be the level of difficulty in handling the technology?
- Monitoring and Controlling Process Group: Contingency planning. if a risk event occurs, what will you do?
- Scope Management Plan: Does a documented IBM mainframe project organizational policy & plan (i.e. governance model) exist?
Step-by-step and complete IBM mainframe Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 IBM mainframe project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 IBM mainframe project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 IBM mainframe project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 IBM mainframe project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 IBM mainframe project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 IBM mainframe project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any IBM mainframe project with this in-depth IBM mainframe Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose IBM mainframe projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in IBM mainframe and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make IBM mainframe investments work better.
This IBM mainframe All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.