"There’s so much that I want to do now. I am the senior Data Analyst managing the Master Data team. I've got experience as a business functional subject matter expert deploying SAP S4/Hana Master Data Management and Master Data Governance. I have a broad experience with data requirements, big data, data modeling concepts, data integration, metadata management and enterprise data. I'm responsible for the design, development, and management of high quality solutions in Data Modeling, Database Design, Master Data Management, ELTL/Data Virtualization/Data SOA, etc... My job is to ensure integrity and quality of master data in multiple systems. I'm 42 and every day in this job brings a new challenge."
Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Master Data Management Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Master Data Management related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Master Data Management specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Master Data Management Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 765 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Master Data Management improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 765 standard requirements:
- Bad data damages your organization and hurts your decisions. Does data management help you analyze, improve and control data from one platform regardless of source, size or variety? How are you measuring results?
- The term master data brings up different interpretations and connotations, especially with vendors espousing the single version of the truth. is there a single version of the truth for your organization?
- The power of BYOD allows employees to use personal mobile devices to access corporate applications. What if the application does not have a mobile equivalent version which can be managed under MDM?
- How will you create and maintain an MDM governance organization that includes executive sponsorship, policy making, decision arbitration and daily operational administration?
- How do you prevent that master records seem to get into a change, change back cycle as two different groups of users attempt to enforce two different sets of business rules?
- In the case of data quality you will also need to address the business issue of how good you need your data quality to be: is a 10% error rate acceptable or only 5%, or 20%?
- Master data management: are there presently any 3rd party external data quality services that are integrated into the current system that are in-scope and to be retained?
- How confident are you when it comes to the security of business data including that of your customers/clients in an increasingly mobile and cloud-oriented environment?
- In many cases there are external stakeholders that will also require training such as providers, community partners, etc. Will you have to train external providers?
- Master data management: do you have an estimate of the quality of current master data, such as estimates of the percentage of duplication, percentage of junk data?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Master Data Management book in PDF containing 765 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Master Data Management self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Master Data Management Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Master Data Management areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Master Data Management Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Master Data Management projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Master Data Management Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 Master Data Management project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Initiating Process Group: Do you understand the communication expectations for this Master Data Management project?
- Cost Management Plan: What will be the split of responsibilities of progress measurement and controls among the owner, contractor, subcontractors, and vendors?
- Responsibility Assignment Matrix: Is accountability placed at the lowest-possible level within the Master Data Management project so that decisions can be made at that level?
- Team Performance Assessment: How do you recognize and praise members for contributions?
- Quality Audit: How does your organization know that its systems for meeting staff extracurricular learning support requirements are appropriately effective and constructive?
- Human Resource Management Plan: Is there an on-going process in place to monitor Master Data Management project risks?
- Activity Duration Estimates: Consider the changes in the job market for information technology workers. How does the job market and current state of the economy affect human resource management?
- Human Resource Management Plan: Are actuals compared against estimates to analyze and correct variances?
- Team Member Status Report: Is there evidence that staff is taking a more professional approach toward management of your organizations Master Data Management projects?
- Scope Management Plan: Is it standard practice to formally commit stakeholders to the Master Data Management project via agreements?
Step-by-step and complete Master Data Management Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Master Data Management project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Master Data Management project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Master Data Management project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Master Data Management project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Master Data Management project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Master Data Management project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Master Data Management project with this in-depth Master Data Management Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Master Data Management projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Master Data Management and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Master Data Management investments work better.
This Master Data Management All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.