Integrate automated capabilities for updating or patching system software where practical and develop Processes And Procedures for manual updating and patching of system software based on current and projected patch timeline requirements for the operational environment of the system.
More Uses of the NERC CIP Toolkit:
- Involve in architectural and Technical Design phase of the requirements to evaluate the potential risks, provide solutions and inputs to enhance the quality and performance of the app.
- Ensure you head; lead projects and provide subject matter technical expertise to develop secure designs in collaboration with Enterprise Architects and project owners.
- Maintain system and Network Infrastructure availability and perform preventive maintenance to enhance system availability and stability.
- Oversee: work closely with operations and Technology Teams to see that physical and Cybersecurity program measures are in place as designed.
- Lead the creation of project related deliverables as project plans, Implementation Plans, Communication Plans, and financial models.
- Warrant that your design participates in preparation and implementation of Corporate Compliance policies, Standards and Procedures in cooperation with other functional areas.
- Ensure your design provides coordination, administration, and interface for regulatory records and systems concerning environmental stewardship, Regulatory Compliance and regulatory programs.
- Support compliance through active development and enhancement of workflows, procedures, policies, and security solutions through collaboration with stakeholders.
- Confirm your planning provides strategic technology input to business and technical teams to ensure project objectives and appropriate resources are anticipated, allocated and optimized to meet scheduled requirements.
- Orchestrate: direct and lead the development and implementation of technologies to automate and streamline compliance Monitoring And Reporting processes.
- Organize: work closely with business unit and divisional leaders to determine technology to meet business requirements, plan budgets and Resource Requirements.
- Warrant that your enterprise supports system protection engineers in testing new relaying schemes and developing testing procedures for new designs prior to field deployment.
- Use element management systems to monitor the real time operation of the network and responding appropriately to alarms, alerts and other informational messages.
- Develop and maintain Standard Work instruction and procedures for other control engineers or users of the Control Systems designed to minimize safety related issues caused by human error, and to improve consistency and efficiency of work performed.
- Maintain technical accuracy and soundness of engineering and/or technical practices based on sound design criteria, specifications, and standards as related to the project requirements.
- Provide technical leadership on the most complex and business critical information technology projects related to Data Analytics and Business Intelligence.
- Apply periodic system upgrades, patches, and enhancements to network elements and the element management system to improve performance and correct anomalies.
- Optimize system performance by monitoring, troubleshooting issues, and scheduling upgrades to maintain a secure and reliable environment.
- Audit: plan and manage regular software releases and the integration of new solutions to support a rapidly changing business environment.
- Ensure you involve; lead clients to implement processes and technology that support business value and process efficiency across business and technical functions.
- Confirm your project ensures that organization engineering policies, Standards and Procedures are applied in the implementation of engineering activities and projects.
- Identify gaps between master schedule forecasts and actual program progress and ensure program stays on track to meet annual goals.
- Ensure your organization coordinates with other team members to analyze and resolve complex technical issues related to Systems Development and integration.
- Support the Cybersecurity Incident Response team (CSIRT) process by assigning staff for training and exercises in various responder roles.
- Ensure you foster; build client relationships by understanding Business Needs in order to meet short term and long term Business Strategy and manage expectations.
- Manage internal security compliance audits, facilitate progress on all deficiencies and compliance related activities to completion.
- Be certain that your corporation analyzes and identifies the root cause of and implements comprehensive technical solutions to complex application deficiencies and system issues.
- Confirm your strategy ensures compliance with applicable industry regulations, codes, or standards and organization Rules And Regulations for projects and activities.
- Provide Root Cause Analysis and Problem Solving logic on projects so that the SCADA engineering turn over packages meet the deliverable requirements.
Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical NERC CIP Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any NERC CIP related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated NERC CIP specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the NERC CIP Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 999 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which NERC CIP improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 999 standard requirements:
- Is risk periodically assessed?
- How do you lead with NERC CIP in mind?
- How do you cross-sell and up-sell your NERC CIP success?
- What is your cost benefit analysis?
- How risky is your organization?
- How long to keep data and how to manage retention costs?
- Would you develop a NERC CIP Communication Strategy?
- How will you know that a change is an improvement?
- What are the success criteria that will indicate that NERC CIP objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
- Who will manage the integration of tools?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the NERC CIP book in PDF containing 994 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your NERC CIP self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the NERC CIP Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which NERC CIP areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough NERC CIP Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage NERC CIP projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step NERC CIP Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 NERC CIP project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Cost Management Plan: Eac -estimate at completion, what is the total job expected to cost?
- Activity Cost Estimates: In which phase of the acquisition process cycle does source qualifications reside?
- Project Scope Statement: Will all NERC CIP project issues be unconditionally tracked through the issue resolution process?
- Closing Process Group: Did the NERC CIP project team have enough people to execute the NERC CIP project plan?
- Source Selection Criteria: What are the guidelines regarding award without considerations?
- Scope Management Plan: Are corrective actions taken when actual results are substantially different from detailed NERC CIP project plan (variances)?
- Initiating Process Group: During which stage of Risk planning are risks prioritized based on probability and impact?
- Cost Management Plan: Is your organization certified as a supplier, wholesaler, regular dealer, or manufacturer of corresponding products/supplies?
- Procurement Audit: Was a formal review of tenders received undertaken?
- Activity Cost Estimates: What procedures are put in place regarding bidding and cost comparisons, if any?
Step-by-step and complete NERC CIP Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 NERC CIP project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 NERC CIP project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 NERC CIP project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 NERC CIP project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 NERC CIP project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 NERC CIP project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any NERC CIP project with this in-depth NERC CIP Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose NERC CIP projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in NERC CIP and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make NERC CIP investments work better.
This NERC CIP All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.