Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical NERC CIP Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any NERC CIP related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated NERC CIP specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the NERC CIP Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 989 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which NERC CIP improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 989 standard requirements:
- Can criteria or target numbers for cyber security be formulated, which can function as a benchmark for other companies and public organizations in the different critical infrastructure sectors?
- Does your current security strategy consist of continual point product technology investments to broaden your defenses on top of an excessively complex and disjointed security infrastructure?
- How does cyber security fit into the debate over protection of critical infrastructure, and how can the pieces of the puzzle that require the highest level of attention be identified?
- What standards, guidelines, best practices, and tools are other organizations using to understand, measure, and manage risk at the management, operational, and technical levels?
- What design modifications and/or hardening actions is your utility planning to implement to deter/delay physical security threats at transmission substations in the future?
- Do you leverage the benefits of increased connectivity, while ensuring were staying on the right side of legislation and keeping your critical infrastructure secure?
- Are existing incentives sufficient to support private sector protection of critical infrastructure the private sector owns, and what changes might be necessary?
- When a mitigation plan has been created, what is the timeline between applying the mitigation control for all BESCyber Systems/Assets under the mitigation plan?
- What common elements can be found in approaches that are needed to address the homeland security and critical infrastructure problems, challenges, and threats?
- What are the things that are long term that you should be thinking about in terms of critical infrastructure, aging infrastructure and other issues like that?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the NERC CIP book in PDF containing 989 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your NERC CIP self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the NERC CIP Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which NERC CIP areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough NERC CIP Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage NERC CIP projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step NERC CIP Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 NERC CIP project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Executing Process Group: Specific - is the objective clear in terms of what, how, when, and where the situation will be changed?
- Source Selection Criteria: When is it appropriate to issue a Draft Request for Proposal (DRFP)?
- Resource Breakdown Structure: Goals for the NERC CIP project. What is each stakeholders desired outcome for the NERC CIP project?
- Quality Audit: Is the continuing professional education of key personnel account fored in detail?
- Team Operating Agreement: Did you recap the meeting purpose, time, and expectations?
- Communications Management Plan: Do you then often overlook a key stakeholder or stakeholder group?
- Procurement Audit: When competitive dialogue was used, did the contracting authority provide sufficient justification for the use of this procedure and was the contract actually particularly complex?
- Procurement Audit: Were no charges billed to interested economic operators or the parties to the system?
- Human Resource Management Plan: Were NERC CIP project team members involved in detailed estimating and scheduling?
- Quality Management Plan: How effectively was the Quality Management Plan applied during NERC CIP project Execution?
Step-by-step and complete NERC CIP Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 NERC CIP project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 NERC CIP project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 NERC CIP project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 NERC CIP project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 NERC CIP project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 NERC CIP project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any NERC CIP project with this in-depth NERC CIP Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose NERC CIP projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in NERC CIP and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make NERC CIP investments work better.
This NERC CIP All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.