Establish that your organization provides leadership in planning and managing computer operations and production support, systems and Database Administration, Network Operations, security, applications maintenance and support, telecommunications, PC/ Desktop Support, and the Customer Service center.
More Uses of the Network Operations Toolkit:
- Audit: customarily and regularly provides high level Technical Support and solutions to customers, end users, Help Desk, and internal network staff.
- Be accountable for working under legal processes to engage in duties related to technical investigative support and/or computer Network Operations.
- Methodize: partnership with the Network Operations team, for definition, refinement, monitoring and implementation (via proper designs) of the expected by business network SLAs and KPIs.
- Initiate: monitor infrastructure traffic and performance while maintaining a high level of Customer Satisfaction by providing services fully compliant with the Service Level Agreements (SLA) and minimizing impact on Customer Service.
- Be accountable for working knowledge in Network Troubleshooting and break fix, hardware installation, server rack management and Data Center structured cabling.
- Ensure compliance with all policies, financial stewardship by being accountable for the financial integrity around development and maintenance of department budget.
- Analyze, design, develop, prototype, implement and enhance software in order to meet current and future customer business requirements.
- Systematize: proactive Incident Management by troubleshooting application issues by diagnosing, resolving faults and providing regular updates to the internal Process Owners.
- Develop: design financial and productivity monitoring system using productivity and Workforce Management tools, market data, emr and telephony system measures.
- Control: design, configure, monitor, maintain, manage and optimize local and wide area network and networking equipment for optimal performance, maximum availability, minimal maintenance, and reasonable costs.
- Coordinate with Network Operations to track and record upgrades and changes to central office equipment and physical plant routing.
- Coordinate with construction, installation, electrical, and cabling contractors on infrastructure upgrade projects and ensure work meets quality and documentation standards.
- Oversee the staff and ensure adequate staffing levels, inclusive of hiring/onboarding, evaluating, managing performance, coaching and developing employees ensuring employee productivity, quality of work, and alignment of goals with your mission, vision, and values.
- Help automate and streamline your operations and processes by building and maintaining tools for deployment, monitoring and operations.
- Oversee the design, implementation, and support of large scale networks, network routing, switches, and inter related networking and security technologies.
- Ensure your organization complies; remains aware of technological advances in the field and able to identify areas of use in your organization, especially with cloud based initiatives.
- Warrant that your organization provides evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual information in complicated, unique and dynamic situations; draws on diverse range of internal and external sources.
- Assure your design complies; impacts the technology sub function by strategic influence and by exercising control over resources, Budget Management and planning; accountable for end results.
- Analyze, recommend, and evaluate new hardware, software, and communications products for network compatibility and applicability.
- Ensure you realize; lead internal IT services providing general network and hardware services, user Help Desk, internal and remote system support, and all other aspects of Data Security and Network Operations.
- Perform in depth operational, troubleshooting, and administrative duties for a diverse portfolio of network and communication technologies.
- Confirm your organization complies; sets Strategic Direction for the team, manage headcount, and have responsibility to maintain a stable, efficient, and reliable environment.
- Be accountable for configuring and installing client and server network software for upgrading and maintaining network and telecommunication systems.
- Provide Network Engineering knowledge and skills to support everyday Network Operations, integration/installation and test and evaluation activities.
- Improve operational success for end user services Help Desk, Network Operations, Systems Administration, enterprise collaboration tools, IT Cloud Infrastructure.
- Identify and implement strategic programs for clients operations departments, and develop ways to assess, measure, and improve operational performance.
- Provide timely communications and actionable intelligence to support the protection of people, assets/Intellectual Property, and infrastructure of center and related interests/entities.
- Ensure operations teams run effectively and safely while appropriately balancing between quality, SLA compliance, efficiency and costs.
- Govern: monitor and stay abreast of new technological, legal and operational changes that affect the activities and work processes associated with the various projects.
- Coordinate: research and prepare lists of clients and circuit routing information used by Network Operations for maintenance outage notifications.
Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Network Operations Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step Work Plans and maturity diagnostics for any Network Operations related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Network Operations specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Network Operations Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a Data Driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 999 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of Process Design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Network Operations improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 999 standard requirements:
- How can you improve Network Operations?
- What would be a real cause for concern?
- What are the Network Operations investment costs?
- Is Network Operations realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
- Are the key business and Technology Risks being managed?
- How will you measure success?
- Is the Network Operations scope complete and appropriately sized?
- Does Network Operations create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
- To whom do you add value?
- Are the planned controls in place?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Network Operations book in PDF containing 994 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your Network Operations self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Network Operations Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Network Operations areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Network Operations Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline Data Protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Network Operations projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Network Operations Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 Network Operations project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Cost Management Plan: Eac -estimate at completion, what is the total job expected to cost?
- Activity Cost Estimates: In which phase of the Acquisition Process cycle does source qualifications reside?
- Project Scope Statement: Will all Network Operations project issues be unconditionally tracked through the Issue Resolution process?
- Closing Process Group: Did the Network Operations project team have enough people to execute the Network Operations project plan?
- Source Selection Criteria: What are the guidelines regarding award without considerations?
- Scope Management Plan: Are Corrective Actions taken when actual results are substantially different from detailed Network Operations project plan (variances)?
- Initiating Process Group: During which stage of Risk planning are risks prioritized based on probability and impact?
- Cost Management Plan: Is your organization certified as a supplier, wholesaler, regular dealer, or manufacturer of corresponding products/supplies?
- Procurement Audit: Was a formal review of tenders received undertaken?
- Activity Cost Estimates: What procedures are put in place regarding bidding and cost comparisons, if any?
Step-by-step and complete Network Operations Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Network Operations project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Network Operations Project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Network Operations project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Network Operations project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Network Operations project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Network Operations project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Network Operations project with this in-depth Network Operations Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Network Operations projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Network Operations and put Process Design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Network Operations investments work better.
This Network Operations All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.