Take a people first approach to developing associates, serving customers, and solving problems.
More Uses of the OpenID Connect Toolkit:
- Provide feedback to Product Management for future products or enhancements based on trends and requirements gathered during Customer Success process.
- Analyze performance of programs and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with clients.
- Organize: partner with architects, product owners, and development teams to design, develop, and deliver high quality software.
- Distill and communicate customer needs and product feedback to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing and Sales.
- Lead the detailed solution design, implementation and delivery of Ping product solutions to the client.
- Systematize: craft technical content to show customers how to implement specific use cases or standard methodologies for new technologies.
- Identify and evaluate complex business and technology risks, internal controls which mitigate risks, and related opportunities for internal control improvement.
- Be accountable for identifying new contact channel technologies to evaluate and implement into existing call management solutions.
- Ensure you understand customer requirements and communicate the business value of solving technology problems using cloud technology.
- Collaborate with key organizational stakeholders to determine cloud service strategy and future improvements.
- Be accountable for serving as a core member of an agile team that drive user story analysis and elaboration, designs and develops software applications.
- Standardize: design, code, and test new web based software applications based upon customer business requirements and use cases.
- Warrant that your organization serves as a contributing architect on strategic projects representing and driving architectural design decisions for critical fit Mobile systems.
- Collaborate with vendor partner on technical design and enhancement capabilities to satisfy roadmap and long term strategy.
- Lead planning sessions with customers to improve business processes and assures all systems are in line with IT long term strategy.
- Ensure proper safeguards are in place to protect confidential information and that users have appropriate access to software systems.
- Engage in troubleshooting and root cause analysis toward identifying solutions and next steps for production issues.
- Ensure your organization engages with key business stakeholders and customers as it relates to all supported systems and applications to verify, validate, and audit access.
- Supervise: direct the modification of software applications or architecture to resolve issues and plan for future growth.
- Lead the development and implementation of new business processes that improve efficiency and enhance productivity.
- Collaborate with team members on projects, leveraging technical skills and communications that align to client culture and business rhythm.
- Acquire and interpret business requirements, create a functional specification, and determine the most efficient/appropriate technologies.
- Provide thought leadership, and influence others by solving tough problems and contributing thoughtful feedback on peer design and code review.
- Secure that your organization demonstrates initiative, creativity, and innovation in the development of stable, maintainable, and efficient software.
Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical OpenID Connect Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any OpenID Connect related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated OpenID Connect specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the OpenID Connect Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals...
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 992 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which OpenID Connect improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 992 standard requirements:
- Does your organization require that all legacy primary applications be replaced simultaneously or is a phased replacement of legacy applications an acceptable approach?
- Will your organization provide a format for submitting the pricing to aid in a fair and equitable evaluation of the pricing?
- What widget type can provide advanced features as using APIs, OAuth, and rendering in an embedded experience?
- How does error handling work for resources with individually defined cache refresh and expiration schedules?
- Will there be other use cases from a marketing outreach perspective for sending communication to customers?
- Who is distributing your products, which you make accessible via your API, to existing and new customers?
- What is the interface method to integrate existing identity system with your organization payroll system?
- How do you empower the research community to create an integrated ecosystem of services and applications?
- Does the vendor offer single sign-on to reduce the likelihood of users writing down or reusing passwords?
- Do you want users from the local machine to be found and authenticated when a simple username is entered?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the OpenID Connect book in PDF containing 992 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in...
Your OpenID Connect self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the OpenID Connect Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which OpenID Connect areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough OpenID Connect Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage OpenID Connect projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step OpenID Connect Project Management Form Templates covering over 1500 OpenID Connect project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Activity Duration Estimates: Do you agree with the suggestions provided for improving OpenID Connect project communications?
- Team Member Status Report: Are your organizations OpenID Connect projects more successful over time?
- Team Directory: Decisions: is the most suitable form of contract being used?
- Change Request: How does a team identify the discrete elements of a configuration?
- Scope Management Plan: Has process improvement efforts been completed before requirements efforts begin?
- Stakeholder Analysis Matrix: How to measure the achievement of the Development Objective?
- WBS Dictionary: Is work properly classified as measured effort, LOE, or apportioned effort and appropriately separated?
- Quality Management Plan: Do trained quality assurance auditors conduct the audits as defined in the Quality Management Plan and scheduled by the OpenID Connect project manager?
- Quality Management Plan: Are there unnecessary steps that are creating bottlenecks and/or causing people to wait?
- Procurement Management Plan: Is the structure for tracking the OpenID Connect project schedule well defined and assigned to a specific individual?
Step-by-step and complete OpenID Connect Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 OpenID Connect project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 OpenID Connect project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 OpenID Connect project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 OpenID Connect project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 OpenID Connect project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 OpenID Connect project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any OpenID Connect project with this in-depth OpenID Connect Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose OpenID Connect projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in OpenID Connect and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, 'What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?'
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that - whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc... - they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make OpenID Connect investments work better.
This OpenID Connect All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person.
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.